Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Which Leb. Co. members are still active on here?

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Change of plans, the club is rented for the 16th, I rented for Sun Feb23.
    what time do we kick this off, and what do we need to bring?

(Lebanon County)

?¿Unless I'm in a time warp¿?, today is Sunday, February 23, 2014.
    I just got home from Jonestown Fish & Game at 2222 Kenbrook Road, Lebanon Pa.
    I was there for a few hours and had the place to myself. There were three people just finishing their range session when I got there and 2 others just got there as I was leaving. Nobody that I know was there with the exception of Ben, who just stopped out because he heard someone shooting and was curious to see who it was, nor were there any signs of a cookout, (Ben didn't seem to know anything about the club being rented for the day).
    I wasn't even sure I'd be in town this weekend but I woke up this morning and realized that I was still here so I decided to join the festivities.
    I had a good time though, I finally fired three .22 rifles that I've had for a while but hadn't had a chance to fire before today. One needs some work and I'd like to change the rear sight on another, the third one is just fine as it is.
    When getting ready I realized that I have an unopened case of Eley Sport .22 LR that I forgot I had. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Walking in the snow was a bit of a challenge for me but all in all it was a great day for me. I even got home early enough to take the dog for a nice long walk. (Not through the snow though).

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    ?¿Unless I'm in a time warp¿?, today is Sunday, February 23, 2014.
    I just got home from Jonestown Fish & Game at 2222 Kenbrook Road, Lebanon Pa.
    I was there for a few hours and had the place to myself. There were three people just finishing their range session when I got there and 2 others just got there as I was leaving. Nobody that I know was there with the exception of Ben, who just stopped out because he heard someone shooting and was curious to see who it was, nor were there any signs of a cookout, (Ben didn't seem to know anything about the club being rented for the day).
    I wasn't even sure I'd be in town this weekend but I woke up this morning and realized that I was still here so I decided to join the festivities.
    I had a good time though, I finally fired three .22 rifles that I've had for a while but hadn't had a chance to fire before today. One needs some work and I'd like to change the rear sight on another, the third one is just fine as it is.
    When getting ready I realized that I have an unopened case of Eley Sport .22 LR that I forgot I had. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Walking in the snow was a bit of a challenge for me but all in all it was a great day for me. I even got home early enough to take the dog for a nice long walk. (Not through the snow though).
    when no one replied, i assumed it was a no go. I am going to need an application for myself, so when i wish to shoot i can.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by dabirdz View Post
    when no one replied, i assumed it was a no go. I am going to need an application for myself, so when i wish to shoot i can.
    When I saw the post where nij said he rented the place for the 23rd I assumed there would be someone there, even if it would be a poor turnout, (which I assumed due to the apparent lack of enthusiasm in replies here), but I was wrong, as I found out when I showed up on a whim.
    If you want a membership you can get it at our next meeting, March 10, 2014 at 7:30pm. Show up a little bit early to fill out your application, doors open at 7:00.
    For what it's worth, our February meeting was canceled because of the ice and extremely slippery conditions on the property. I found out about the cancellation that morning and posted it on out Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones...00038240093233

If the weather is bad again in March, check the Facebook page before you head out to the meeting. (I would imagine it would have to be real bad to cancel 2 meetings in a row).

(Lebanon County)

It seems like it was bad timing, it just didn't work for anyone this time around.
    March weather is still cool enough to enjoy a day in the sun, maybe we can make something happen then?
    Any thoughts about it?

(Lebanon County)

with enough notice, i can be there on any sunday.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    When I saw the post where nij said he rented the place for the 23rd I assumed there would be someone there, even if it would be a poor turnout, (which I assumed due to the apparent lack of enthusiasm in replies here), but I was wrong, as I found out when I showed up on a whim.
    If you want a membership you can get it at our next meeting, March 10, 2014 at 7:30pm. Show up a little bit early to fill out your application, doors open at 7:00.
    For what it's worth, our February meeting was canceled because of the ice and extremely slippery conditions on the property. I found out about the cancellation that morning and posted it on out Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones...00038240093233

If the weather is bad again in March, check the Facebook page before you head out to the meeting. (I would imagine it would have to be real bad to cancel 2 meetings in a row).
    so its sundays not mondays.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by dabirdz View Post
    so its sundays not mondays.
    My apology, I looked at a 2013 calendar when I posted that. I usually use my computer calendar but that one was on my desk and I didn't notice that it was last year.
    I hate it when I make dumbass mistakes, and that was one.

Hey just moved back here from Florida. Been gone a year. This is the furthest west I've been in PA, I lived in Berks before I moved, I really like it out this way and can't wIt for the weather to break so I can get out of the house. I need a new range also I was a member at Topton but I let it lapse while I was in Florida.
    Couldn't be happier to be back here.

(Lebanon County)

Welcome back to pa.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast