Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 TCM

(Chester County)

Question 22 TCM

Has anyone every shot a .22 TCM? I actually ran across this on-line by accident and it has piqued my interest.

Shawn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_TCM

http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/01/0...22-tcm-review/
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Centre County)

Default Re: 22 TCM

If ammo is available, I would love to have one.
    RIA makes several different 1911's chambered in .22TCM, and some do look nice...

If I can get that with 9mm conversion barrel...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Chester County)

Yeah that's the one I saw and ballistically it looks similar to 9mm, but with much less recoil from what I understand. I was thinking something like that would be really good for the wiff.

I had never even heard of it and hope it doesn't become one of those rounds that never makes it. Seems like it could fit a nice niche.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Lackawanna County)

ammosupplywarehouse.com--they have ammo for them, $24.00 for 50 or $470.00 for 1000 rounds.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Yeah that's the one I saw and ballistically it looks similar to 9mm, but with much less recoil from what I understand. I was thinking something like that would be really good for the wiff.

I had never even heard of it and hope it doesn't become one of those rounds that never makes it. Seems like it could fit a nice niche.
    Have you ever seen one being fired? It produce HUGE ball of fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgG61...9KHBB3bF5shS1w
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Northampton County)

My wife has one that she shoots in its 9mm conversion for IDPA ... great gun so far. She has added VZ grips, Dawson sights, an EGW extended thumb safety, and some hot pink grip tape so far. As an FYI, they take Para P-18 mags which are much cheaper than factory TCM mags. The only difference are the feedlips, and a few minutes with a dremel reshaping the Para ones and she was in business.

We have run a few boxes of the TCM rounds through it and it is FUN. You can feel it thump in the ground when it goes off ... plus the huge fireball. Always draws a crowd. I have the 22TCM dies and projectiles coming in next week so I can start reloading it too (11.0 grains of H110 wow!)

Here is a short clip of me shooting it with the TCM rounds

Last edited by IntenseImage; October 16th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.

(Chester County)

Interesting round, and concept. I like it!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    My wife has one that she shoots in its 9mm conversion for IDPA ... great gun so far. She has added VZ grips, Dawson sights, an EGW extended thumb safety, and some hot pink grip tape so far. As an FYI, they take Para P-18 mags which are much cheaper than factory TCM mags. The only difference are the feedlips, and a few minutes with a dremel reshaping the Para ones and she was in business.

We have run a few boxes of the TCM rounds through it and it is FUN. You can feel it thump in the ground when it goes off ... plus the huge fireball. Always draws a crowd. I have the 22TCM dies and projectiles coming in next week so I can start reloading it too (11.0 grains of H110 wow!)

Here is a short clip of me shooting it with the TCM rounds

Cool video. Since you have shot it, what do you think of its recoil compared to 9mm?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Cool video. Since you have shot it, what do you think of its recoil compared to 9mm?
    Its like shooting a +p 22LR lol ... its nowhere near a 9mm but certainly has a good deal of muzzle flip.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Its like shooting a +p 22LR lol ... its nowhere near a 9mm but certainly has a good deal of muzzle flip.
    Very cool. What about shooting this versus other rounds does your wife like better? I guess I'm trying to get a woman's perspective of it.

Thanks for all the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast