Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SWFA Optics

(Luzerne County)

Thumbs down SWFA Optics

Ordered a scope from SWFA, after a few days I get an email saying it was back ordered. After a week and a half or so I inquire as to how much longer the backorder will last-they don't know. I say to myself "Self...OK, I'll just call up and pick a different scope". After my next three choices are also "Backordered" I say: Hmmm.....lets just cancel the order then. Does SWFA = No in stock inventory?

Default Re: SWFA Optics

How about:

Scopes
    Weren't
    Fully
    Available?
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; January 15th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

I thought you normally buy WM scopes. LOL Bummer that you had a bad experience with them.

I've placed a few orders with SWFA and never had an issue. They had a bargain on the Leica 1200 LRF.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the support Aub. Walmart raised their prices on scopes and I was unable to find "good glass" there under my budget of $20 so alas, I had to look elsewhere.

(Lackawanna County)

Bought a super sniper from them last year. It was in stock and shipped out quick actually. I ALWAYS call a company first to see if the item is in stock if i am going to order anything that is of any importance to me.

(Westmoreland County)

I've had good luck with SWFA until my last purchase. I traded in a Leupold MK 4 on a different MK4. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock so I asked about another model. It was in stock but about $92.00 less than my first choice.

They would not refund the difference. Told me I had a credit and the next time I purchased something from them it would be applied when the item was processed.

Well, by the time I bought another item (8 months after the initial trade-in), if it weren't for me *reminding* them I would not have had the credit applied. Matter of fact, the girl that e-mailed me told *she caught them before it shipped and adjusted the invoice*.

Bear this in mind if you trade up for something, they don't have it in stock and you settle for a second choice of less value.

BTW, they never mentioned this was their policy.

(Lackawanna County)

I believe SWFA does have an internet forum from their website www.riflescopes.com if you want to give them a piece of your mind.

http://www.opticstalk.com/

(Berks County)

Returned a Burris to them that broke after 2 shots (.243), didn't want another one, traded up. I had a good experience myself and I learned about them from a different forum where everyone was recommending them because of the warranty and service.

Go to the forum, make a complaint, unless they have had a big shake up and management or company change recently they have been known to "Make It Right" and take care of customers.

Keep us updated.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    How abour

Scopes
    Weren't
    Fully
    Available?
    Thanks JDlv4, I just spit soda all over my keyboard.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

I emailed the sales staff from whom I purchased the scope and asked questions beforehand before posting here about my experience (in case they they made good). They ignored the email. I would rather not post in their forum since it would be first post there (after I became a member) and I would just look like a bad mouthing idiot (I don't need any help being idiot....I'm quite proficient at that thank you). Just thought I would share my experience with people I trust. I to purchased from them because a friend recommended them and bought a SS (they are the sole supplier now) and had a great experience with them.