Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Number of Concealed handgun permits in Florida reaches 1,177,051

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2013/1...ermits-in.html

The data is available here and here. The general links for statistical reports for Florida are available here.

With 2,541,460 permits issued and 168 revoked for revocations for firearm violations, the rate of Florida concealed handgun permits that have been revoked for firearm violations is only 0.0066 percent.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Default Re: Number of Concealed handgun permits in Florida reaches 1,177,051

Pa is catching up with 872,277 LTCFs by end of 2012. Would be significantly higher if we had our data time matched to FL's 6/30/13 date.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...r-metrics.html
    IANAL

(Jefferson County)

Florida also has half again more residents than PA. And it is still a favorite for non-residents to get licenses from.

PA holds 2nd place easily. Texas is in 3rd, but they also have twice as many residents - so their percentage of licensee versus resident is very low(so much for TX being a gun state).
    Last edited by knight0334; October 16th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Florida also has half again more residents than PA. And it is still a favorite for non-residents to get licenses from.

PA holds 2nd place easily. Texas is in 3rd, but they also have twice as many residents - so their percentage of licensee versus resident is very low(so much for TX being a gun state).
    Thanks to Kane , several FL licenses (by Pa residents) won't be renewed and a few of those licensees will get (try to) LTCFs - a statistical win-win in the license numerology game.
    IANAL

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Thanks to Kane , several FL licenses (by Pa residents) won't be renewed and a few of those licensees will get (try to) LTCFs - a statistical win-win in the license numerology game.
    Yep, Kane's actions will make a dent in our licensee numbers for sure.

I'm just hopeful the fallout from the Newtown scare will have helped drive up numbers.. I know of at least 9 people personally who got their LTCF because of the bills that went forth after Newtown.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Pa is catching up with 872,277 LTCFs by end of 2012. Would be significantly higher if we had our data time matched to FL's 6/30/13 date.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...r-metrics.html
    Is it true that PA gun ownership is 40% or higher? If so, that's more than Texas and probably in Bloomberg's site to destroy PA gun ownership. However, if we climb to 50% or more it will end up being political suicide for these gun grabbers.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Is it true that PA gun ownership is 40% or higher? If so, that's more than Texas and probably in Bloomberg's site to destroy PA gun ownership. However, if we climb to 50% or more it will end up being political suicide for these gun grabbers.
    I'm unaware of any specific statistics giving % of PA residents that are gun owners. However if you check the graphics in the report I linked you will see some impressive volumes of handgun/longarm transfers. True there are many PAians (new term?) that own or transfer multiple firearms but the trend is certainly on the uptick.

Consider:

Attached hereto find statistics for LTCF issuance and firearm transfers for 2012.

The info is also available in a multi page .pdf file - click here.

LTCFs by County (Alphabetical)
    LTCFs by County Rank (% high to low)
    Handgun Transfers (2003-12) [graphic]
    Long-gun Transfers (2003-12) [graphic]
    LTCFs issued (2003-12) [graphic]

Some interesting facts -

LTCFs issue per population 21 and over
    .............HIGHEST: Centre (33.1%) [1 in 3]
    .............LOWEST: Philadelphia (2.5%) [1 in 39]
    .............AVERAGE: Statewide (9.2%) [1 in 11]

.............Total Statewide LTCFs: 872,277

Trends comparing 2012 to 2011:

.............LTCF issuance: +46.4% [+77,788]
    .............Long-gun Transfers: +27.1% [+82,384]
    .............Handgun Transfers: +36.9% [+111,582]

Notes:
    .............LTCF statistics are not adjusted for revocations or issuance to out-of-state residents.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

I think PA has more resident licenses than FL. Despite our much smaller population. If 15MM+ have licenses in the US, it's reasonable to believe that 2 or 3% of them have FL non-res based on it's desirability and publicity.

Last I checked this year, I concluded PA had an actual rate of carry 3-4x that of Texas. But I didn't write it down so it's worthless Just worth a look.