Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CCW in Delco

(Delaware County)

Default CCW in Delco

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just recently purchased my first hand gun and I'm looking to get my CCW. I'm running into the problem of not being able to make it up to the Delaware County Court house to apply for my CCW Permit because of their hours and my work hours are conflicting. Is the Delaware County Court House the only place that I can apply?

Default Re: CCW in Delco

Quote Originally Posted by lacfiremx02 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just recently purchased my first hand gun and I'm looking to get my CCW. I'm running into the problem of not being able to make it up to the Delaware County Court house to apply for my CCW Permit because of their hours and my work hours are conflicting. Is the Delaware County Court House the only place that I can apply?
    As far as I know it is the only place you can get it. They do have extended hours at least 1 day a week. You might want to call them to find out what day and what the hours are. Also you can print the form out ahead of time and fill it out before going.

Their number :

(Delaware County)

They do have Saturday and Monday hours.....

http://forum.pafoa.org/delaware-14/1...rs-2013-a.html

Welcome to the forum............
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Great! Thank you everyone!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    As far as I know it is the only place you can get it. They do have extended hours at least 1 day a week. You might want to call them to find out what day and what the hours are. Also you can print the form out ahead of time and fill it out before going.

Their number :
    That's once a month, not week. If you go when the court house is closed you enter via the Government Services entrance off of Orange Street.

From thundrr1's link:

Monday evenings - OPEN until 7:00 PM
    1/14, 2/11, 3/11, 4/8, 5/13, 6/10, 7/15, 8/12, 9/16, 10/7, 11/11, 12/9

Saturdays - OPEN FROM 10:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
    1/12, 2/2, 3/2, 4/6, 5/11, 6/1, 7/13, 8/3, 9/14, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7
    Last edited by soberbyker; October 13th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.

(Delaware County)

I was in there today,,,,, after the fire alarm,,,,, and noticed that they have corrected their 11/11 mistake. That's Veterans Day and they won't be open at all that day. I really didn't pay attention the the "make up" day.

I pulled up around 2:45 and hundreds of people were making their way into the front entrance of the Court House ( yes,,, HUNDREDS). Apparently someone pulled a fire alarm pull station. I found a parking spot right out front and got in line (along with the bride). They were all Jurors and each and every one had to go through the detectors. It took 25 minutes for our turn. We were fortunate enough to be first in line at the "permit" counter. I felt bad because the woman was trying to finish her hoagie that she left there when the alarm cleared the building. I was renewing and the bride was applying for the first time.

I was really surprised that I actually got my LTCF back, after handing it and my drivers license to her. She did mention that it expires at the end of the month....... I said nothing as by this time there were 6 people waiting behind us.

As we walked out, the wife said "That was scary". I asked why??? She said " I had no idea that many people were applying for carry permits". I just laughed.....
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.