Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Anyone have the length of a 10.5" barrel AR15 with a Magpul CTR and a LMT MRP upper?

I am in the process (paperwork and purchasing components) of building a SBR AR15. I do not have another rifle to make length comparisons, so I was wondering if anyone out there would know what the length (for a Form 1) would be for a AR15 with a 6 position adjustable Magpul milspec CTR stock and a LMT 10.5" CQB MRP upper?

If I understand the requirements correctly the measurements are taken with the stock fully extended and the flash hider removed.

If anyone has a similar weapon and could help me out with the measurement I would really appreciate it. Even if your LMT upper has a different length barrel we can do the math to figure out what mine will be. The important part is that its a Magpul milspec CTR stock and an LMT MRP upper. Or is it?
    Is an LMT MRP upper different enough from standard uppers that it needs to be considered, or will comparison to any upper be adequate?

Thanks,
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who do not.”
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone have the length of a 10.5" barrel AR15 with a Magpul CTR and a LMT MRP upp

I can give you the length with a LWRC 10.5 QCB upper, if that will work let me know.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Anyone have the length of a 10.5" barrel AR15 with a Magpul CTR and a LMT MRP upp

CTR EXTENDED to end of upper on mine is right at 18 1/2"

I have a 16" bbl and it measures 16" dead on to about 3/4" from the end of the flash hider (where the actual barrel ends)

My F1 is in progress - I am putting an 11.5" on mine and ended up right at
    30" OAL.... it's my opinion that you are better off estimating too short vs. too long but either way it's nothing that can't be fixed with a letter to the ATF.

Hope this helps.

It is kind of goofy to have to estimate without the actual parts but hey .. you have to do what you have to do.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the help. Maybe to be sure I can check with LMT too see what their upper measures from the end of the barrel to the front pivot hole. I should have the lower and stock components soon and I could take a physical measuerment of that from the front pivot hole to the end of the stock, combine it with their number, and have an accurate measurement without buying all of the parts.

I agree, this is very strange to supply an exact number on something that can be very unique to your particular collection of parts that you can't have all together yet.
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who do not.”
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

No problem man - by the way , my 16" is an LMT as well. The measurements should be good-to-go but a second opinion is a good move.

Good luck with it and post pics when it's done!

(Northampton County)

Stack,

I called LMT and they told me that the measurement from the end of the barrell to the centerline of the pivot pin hole was 10.655" for their 10.5" CQB upper. What is the measurement from the end of your Magpul CTR (fully extended) to the centerline of the pivot pin hole in your lower?
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

Hey man - I am out of town until Thursday - can't help ya' out til I get back. Sorry!!!

Let me know if you still need those measurements on Thurs.

(Northampton County)

18 1/4" from center of pivot pin straight back to the back end of the CTR (with rubber butt pad)

The CTR does have a curve to it so at the very TOP of the curve we are looking at 18 1/2"

Subtract 1/2" if you will not have the butt pad.

HTH

(Northampton County)

Thanks! That's great information!! That saved me a lot of time and hassle. I'll post some pics when it is completed.
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

Before you do anything. Read the the faqs on the ARFCOM web site. It will take you through the paper work process fairly easily.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=22&t=199905

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast