Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kahr CM40

(Lehigh County)

Default Kahr CM40

Any thoughts on the Kahr CM40. I found one for $350 and was wondering. I am comfortable with pistols.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Kahr CM40

Seems like the .40 would be very snappy in such a small gun.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

I was going to buy a CM40 a while back but my research revealed that broken followers are common with that gun. I also considered that the recoil would be even worse than my Glock 27 so I went with the CM9 and have been completely satisfied.

Here's a link to help you make your decision.

http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Seems like the .40 would be very snappy in such a small gun.....
    proper grip and form over comes most snappiness in little guns.. most are snappy.. i thought the glock 27 and 33 would have been snappy however i found since practicing with lc9, shield and few others. I found it isn;t at all with correct form

(Northampton County)

I have never shot a cm40 but i did own a pm9 and now own a p40, and they can be a snappy gun and there not for the weeked wrested but its nothing that most people can't over come with proper grip and practice. at the price of 350 i don't think you can go wrong if you don't like it you should beable to recoup most of your money in resale if you find you don't like it. .

(Bucks County)

That's a pretty good price if it is in decent shape. I was dead-seat on a PM40 for my CC & BUG, but decided against it due to:

1: Multiple gun shops mentioning the problems of accelerate wear/breakage due to firing hot .40 round on a small "9mm frame"

2: My friends' P380 jammed up at the range (locked the slide shut on a live round). Had to be forced open and sent to Kahr. I know one incident is not enough to warrant disregarding the brand, but especially as a backup gun I NEED it to be 100% reliable. Think about it...if you are drawing your BUG you are already in deep shit with little chance of escaping unscathed.

At that point I looked into getting a J-frame and am happy I did. I still have the desire for a PM series Kahr, but if I get one it will be 9mm. The main reason I wanted .40 is because my EDC is a .40.