Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Peep sights on a lever gun

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I assume it's working well with the front sight. I may want a fiber optic front and Williams comes with one but they also said the FP stres will work with the factory bead
    They did work with the existing front sight. I also took another peek into the gun safe at my 1894 Cowboy in .45 Colt. It too has a Williams on it that worked with the existing front sight.

I am surprised at the negative comments about Williams sights. The first new Williams I bought was in the early 70s for an 800 Mossberg with over a dozen more various models to follow. I have never had a problem with any of them. Now I always bought the target or foolproof models with the threaded movement and not the cheaper slider type that just friction locks on screw tension. I have never had a problem or even had someone complain to me about Williams. Good product IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    this just shows how long you have been in the game, newby. not long.
    This is a gratuitous insult, and you are getting a warning for it. Don't do it again. I have Williams sights on two Winchesters. The sights are good, and the company has excellent customer service. I know that from a peep sight I had trouble with on a Ruger 10/22.

(Westmoreland County)

this just shows how long you have been in the game, newby. not long.

This is a gratuitous insult....but I don't take it personally. Pennsy slapped you on the wrist and rightfully so. All I'm going to say is that I am laughing at your comment. I'm pretty sure I still have a few boxes of 16ga. shotshells NIB that I purchased back in 1969 or maybe '70.

Whatever.

Dave

I just ordered the Williams FP set comes with 2 fiber optic front sights and will work with the factory sight aswell...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    This is a gratuitous insult....but I don't take it personally. Pennsy slapped you on the wrist and rightfully so. All I'm going to say is that I am laughing at your comment. I'm pretty sure I still have a few boxes of 16ga. shotshells NIB that I purchased back in 1969 or maybe '70.

Whatever.

Dave
    well, i still shoot 16 gauge in a 1926 vintage model 12, so you can send those shells to me, friend.

as for my comment, it was based upon a lament that America is not the place it used to be. You are old enough to remember it, too. There was a time when blued steel and a decent grade walnut was the standard, and aluminum was regarded as second rate. Some of us dinosaurs grieve for the current generation, that has been sold a bill of goods about plastic and aluminum and glow in the dark stuff being "all that".

back to my cave...

(Westmoreland County)

well, i still shoot 16 gauge in a 1926 vintage model 12, so you can send those shells to me, friend.

as for my comment, it was based upon a lament that America is not the place it used to be. You are old enough to remember it, too. There was a time when blued steel and a decent grade walnut was the standard, and aluminum was regarded as second rate. Some of us dinosaurs grieve for the current generation, that has been sold a bill of goods about plastic and aluminum and glow in the dark stuff being "all that".

back to my cave...
    I like my old Winchester's and my original 16ga. Ithaca pump that those shells will still shoot out of. That old Ithaca put many a tasty pheasant on the table.

OTOH, I do own revolvers with scandium frame's and Titanium cylinders that are great to shoot and even better to carry. I have a Kimber in 45acp that I often wonder if it's still in my cc holster it's so light with it's aluminum frame....yet so accurate.

Things change. Some for the good, others not. When they are good you can embrace the change and see the better in it. Or you can continue to think that Bobby Knight's coaching method's are cutting edge and why would anyone change from that?

Stay thirsty my friend.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12