Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default No carry in Pa state park?

So if you aren’t hunting you can’t carry…

Well I haven’t lived in Pa for 25 years. But back then, you could carry a back powder gun anywhere… Is this still true?

At 18 I had an old army I carried camping… is this still legal?
    <a href=http://militarysignatures.com target=_blank><a href=http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member623.png target=_blank>http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member623.png</a></a>

(Indiana County)

Default Re: No carry in Pa state park?

As it currently stands, you cannot carry, with or without an LTCF, in a State Park per the following DCNR regulation:

17 Pa. Code § 11.215. Weapons and hunting.

The following activities are prohibited without written permission of the Department:

(4) Possessing an uncased device, or uncasing a device, including a firearm, archery equipment or slingshot, that is capable of discharging or propelling a projectile, except as provided in paragraph (2) [hunting when and where authorized] or (7) [target shooting when and where authorized], or except in the owner’s building on a leased campsite, in the owner’s residence, or in the owner’s vehicle or trailer.

You had an old Army you carried camping? Must have been a mighty small army.

(York County)

Is it OC or CC when you have an entire army with you.....J/K. Yeah it sucks, bjt no you cannot carry in the parks anymore.

Welcome by the way.

Dave
    3%

(Chester County)

This is how ever in the house I believe right now to be overturned. The senate passed it I believe they are set to rule on it sometime this summer. Rendell said he would veto it but then all it would need to is a 2/3 vote to over rule him. Some one please correct me if my numbers are wrong, as I am not 100%sure on the vote needed to over rule Rendell's dumb ass.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    This is how ever in the house I believe right now to be overturned. The senate passed it I believe they are set to rule on it sometime this summer. Rendell said he would veto it but then all it would need to is a 2/3 vote to over rule him. Some one please correct me if my numbers are wrong, as I am not 100%sure on the vote needed to over rule Rendell's dumb ass.
    Actually, it passed in the House (unanimously) and was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. The removal of the State Park Ban was one of several pro-gun amendments attached to the passed bill (HB1845), which increased penalties for serial number tampering.

The Governor would be a fool to veto this since he's constantly crying for tougher controls. I've not seen any reports anywhere where he stated he would veto this bill (and he can't just strike the amendments he doesn't like).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Actually, it passed in the House (unanimously) and was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. The removal of the State Park Ban was one of several pro-gun amendments attached to the passed bill (HB1845), which increased penalties for serial number tampering.

The Governor would be a fool to veto this since he's constantly crying for tougher controls. I've not seen any reports anywhere where he stated he would veto this bill (and he can't just strike the amendments he doesn't like).
    I head read some where that he said "If this passes I will veto it the very next day" But hey it was the paper not sure which one so who knows. So I was right just had the branches mixed up. lol I do that all the time.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Chester County)

"17 Pa. Code § 11.215. Weapons and hunting.

The following activities are prohibited without written permission of the Department:

(4) Possessing an uncased device, or uncasing a device, including a firearm, archery equipment or slingshot, that is capable of discharging or propelling a projectile,... "

If the current bill doesn't get enacted soon maybe what we all need to do is apply to the "Department" for "for written permission" citing our LTCF licenses and that the need for self-defense doesn't end at the park entrance. If they get inundated with thousands of requests to which they have to respond, even if in the negative, then I think we would have made a firm statement. Additionally this would be the kind of story that the press might pick up on and may force the Superintentent of Parks to justify applying the rule when a person already has a LTCF.