Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default New here from Pike County

Hey Guys,

I moved to Pike County three years ago from Jersey, and I'm loving it. Just started to get back into the shooting thing (it was a PITA in Jersey) and I'm looking for some local info. Where does everyone go to shoot? I've been to Sunset Hill and had a really good time, but is there anywhere closer? I've also heard about a state range on Rt 6 near Hawley, has anyone been there, and what's it all about. I made my first purchase at Weavers in Brodheadsville this past weekend and had a pretty good experience, are there any other shops closer that you guys might recommend? Let me know if anyone wants to make a trip to the range, the more the merrier.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: New here from Pike County

Wow! That's pretty far from Pike County and came all the way down to Brodheadsville to purchase firearm. Then again, I don't know any LGS at Pike County area. Weaver is alright. I live only a few miles away from Weaver. There's another one further down on RT209 call American Sports Shooting. I bought a couple of guns from that shop. Their price is pretty good.

Once in a while, I go further down south at Bath. There is a small shop call Meyers Gun Shop. He sell mostly long guns and reload stuff but he does sell pistols too. If he doesn't have in the shop, he will order it for you.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
    http://www.flybynighdesigns.com/vwtopdog/Avatars/44Magnum.GIF

(Pike County)

Don't know if you've found him yet but Keystone Firearms right in matamoras, just before the bridge on the left. Joe is a good guy and his prices are fair. Nothing new in stock but he can order anything.

http://www.keystonearms.com/

I just bought a gun at Keystone Arms this weekend. Joe is a really great guy and has good prices.

(Pike County)

You could also try Wallenpaupack Sport Shop, just north of the lake on Rt6. Mike is good to deal with.

Both Wallenpaupack and Keystone are limited in stock compared to Dunkelberger’s in E. Stroudsburg, and a bit higher priced.

I have bought guns from all 3. Although Dunkelberger’s is a ways away, the selection is much better and prices are great. Plus they have everything else to go along.

(Lancaster County)

Is the gun shop in White Mills still open? I used to take camp rifles there for service about 20 years ago. Hard to believe that the mid-1980's were actually 20 years ago! Anyway, that place seemed to be pretty good.

(Pike County)

Hi i'm also a new member here..today i registered with this fine site..i dont own a firearm yet and i'm going to apply for a carry permit this week at the courthouse but , i have been to the range on rt 6 near the big lake. i found it to be good but i did not shoot so all i can say is its close to blooming grove where i live and i will be there when all is legal. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by pennsey View Post
    Hi i'm also a new member here..today i registered with this fine site..i dont own a firearm yet and i'm going to apply for a carry permit this week at the courthouse but , i have been to the range on rt 6 near the big lake. i found it to be good but i did not shoot so all i can say is its close to blooming grove where i live and i will be there when all is legal. Take care.
    Hey pennsey! Welcome to PA and to PAFOA. The Pike Co. forum is still in it's infancy, but for that matter, so is all of PAFOA. Great things are happening on this forum and we are gaining recognition from the "authorities" Browse & search and you will find some very inspirational and motivating threads! Enough for now, take your time and get comfortable

(Pike County)

Welcome aboard guys..

Well as mentioned there is Keystone arms . One thing he is on the RIGHT just before the bridge. There is also a consignment shop in the building. He is right after the post office.

Hey Charlie, joined Herblings...

Snert..

(Pike County)

Hey Snert,

How did you like it? As you see, I’ve picked all the old 9mm and .38 ammo clean. If you search the ammo shelves you are likely to find great prices on any other caliber. Gus’ prices have gone up a bit, like everyone else, but it’s a great place.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast