Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: palmetto state armory quality?

IMO, I think a step or two up based on value. I like Double Star, but some of their parts are over priced. DTI, I don't have any experience with other than buying some small parts from their site.

BE ADVISED: P-TAC is not PSA, but they are made in the USA. I can't speak on quality, but here is a quote them on ARFCOM:

"Practical Tactical AR Parts (P-TAC) is a brand new startup company focusing on the bare essentials of the AR parts world. Their motto “Everything you need and nothing else” sums up there product and company model. P-TAC produces a mid-level quality product so that the rock bottom prices can be passed on to the consumer. Recently, Palmetto State Armory proudly excepted the role as an exclusive dealer of P-TAC parts to include multiple product lines including lower parts and build kits, uppers, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles just to name a few. The quality of these products is still guaranteed, it’s just the frills that have been removed!"

Not sure what that REALLY means, but it may be worth a shot if you're trying to stay on a budget. They have a complete Free-float PTAC upper right now for $399

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    IMO, I think a step or two up based on value. I like Double Star, but some of their parts are over priced. DTI, I don't have any experience with other than buying some small parts from their site.

BE ADVISED: P-TAC is not PSA, but they are made in the USA. I can't speak on quality, but here is a quote them on ARFCOM:

"Practical Tactical AR Parts (P-TAC) is a brand new startup company focusing on the bare essentials of the AR parts world. Their motto “Everything you need and nothing else” sums up there product and company model. P-TAC produces a mid-level quality product so that the rock bottom prices can be passed on to the consumer. Recently, Palmetto State Armory proudly excepted the role as an exclusive dealer of P-TAC parts to include multiple product lines including lower parts and build kits, uppers, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles just to name a few. The quality of these products is still guaranteed, it’s just the frills that have been removed!"

Not sure what that REALLY means, but it may be worth a shot if you're trying to stay on a budget. They have a complete Free-float PTAC upper right now for $399
    How many "frills" do you think are in ar15 parts unless the are coated with super juice? Does no frills mean inferior materials and manufacturing techniques or slave labor in a third world country?
    I cant believe how cheap some of these companies are making these parts for.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by shapiro1321 View Post
    How many "frills" do you think are in ar15 parts unless the are coated with super juice? Does no frills mean inferior materials and manufacturing techniques or slave labor in a third world country?
    I cant believe how cheap some of these companies are making these parts for.
    We may have to summon Animalmother for that answer.

(Monroe County)

I have 2 PSA rifles that I built both lowers with all PSA parts and they have PSA uppers. Mine has a PSA bcg and my wifes has a DSA bcg.

Mine now has about 1k rounds and no issues mechanically and my wifes about 300 rounds same thing. the fit and finish seems on par with a friends 6920(say what you will) and is a lot better then the POS M16A2 I got in basic training. Seemed like all of the tolerences were on par and no manufacturing scars.

just my opinion...........

(Beaver County)

With all these upper sales they've been doing, can't get my hands on just a PSA barrel to save my life!

(Northampton County)

I put a POF trigger in it and it I absolutely love this rifle.

(Lehigh County)

Shapiro....which model is that Burris scope and how do you like it?

(Northampton County)

Its the Burris MTAC 1-4. It is just ok in my opinion. It has some magnification at 1 power and a little fish eye but all of them in that price range seem the same.

I looked through the new bushnell AR 1-4 that was about $100 less and I think I liked it better to be honest but I didn't have them side by side.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Yes, their weekend deals are great. Always keep an eye open.
    You aren't kidding, just picked up a "weekend deal" blem complete lower for a total $199 (shipped and including the price of the pending transfer). I doubt I could build it my self for much less with a half decent LPK. I'll advise when it arrives @ my FFL and I mutt mate it with my Colt upper. I might have to pick up a few more with the Hilldogg 2016 queef cloud coalescing with the Obamastank cloud over DC.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Indiana County)

Man I hate this thread. Just looked on their site and they have a $550 kit that has everything except a lower, which they have for $100. So for under $700 you could have a pretty nice AR.

Hm, new tires for the truck or an AR..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast