Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: palmetto state armory quality?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I am very interested in PSA products since they seem to offer a great balance between price/quality however I wonder how they would hold up in a torture test with Colt's, BCM's, DD's, etc. I hope someone tackles the question eventually.
    Keep in mind PSA does not manufacture anything....they outsource the parts and "may" assemble in house, but not 100% sure on that.

Everything I have bought from them is first rate.

I do know for 100% certainity that the barrels they use in their uppers is manufactered by FN. Everything I have from FN (barrels, FNX handgun) is nothing short of awesome...

Also, the shipping times from PSA totally suck....5 days to "process" your order then count on another week to get it to your door. And that was just for a Vortex red dot. Lead times on uppers is horrible. Sit back and wait a month to get it to your house. But, if you can stomache that, no one can touch their prices....
    Last edited by QUADZILLA; October 7th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

anybody have one of there ar uppers on a bushy lower?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    Keep in mind PSA does not manufacture anything....they outsource the parts and "may" assemble in house, but not 100% sure on that.

Everything I have bought from them is first rate.

I do know for 100% certainity that the barrels they use in their uppers is manufactered by FN. Everything I have from FN (barrels, FNX handgun) is nothing short of awesome...

Also, the shipping times from PSA totally suck....5 days to "process" your order then count on another week to get it to your door. And that was just for a Vortex red dot. Lead times on uppers is horrible. Sit back and wait a month to get it to your house. But, if you can stomache that, no one can touch their prices....
    If their uppers are made by FNH then that's awesome, it's combat proven gear. What about the BCG? Is that FNH too? That's the heart of the AR-15 platform after all. As for the lead time that really sucks but your talking to a person who has to plan his firearm purchases over a period of years. If I can save hundreds of dollars while getting a piece of equipment that's as proven I think I can stomach that one month wait.

I really want an M16A4 clone for my next AR-15 and I hear PSA makes 20" inch uppers so......
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

The uppers are not made by FN. Some of the barrels are.

(Monroe County)

We people today are spoiled . .

Back in the days of true mail order in the 1950s - 1960s, a payment to the merchant was via U.S. Postal Money Order or green back cash. Exclusive delivery was by Parcel Post cock roach speed mail. The traditional deal was . . . "Allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery after receipt of payment. That was standard. When the thing arrive within a month it was equal to lightening speed service.

With three (3) AR15 upper assemblies that I've purchased from Palmetto State Armory delivery time was three-weeks. The other was received a week and half to about two weeks after the order was placed.

Customer service (so-called) at Palmetto is almost non-existent. Then too, by the numerous postings in complaint about PSA on various WEB sites, it seems that many of those that gripe seem to expect to phone the company after a short time and have some customer service toad waltz them around and make chit chat.

All in all, Palmetto State Armory offers excellent components at very good prices. I wouldn't hesitate to place an order with that company. Should it take a month for delivery, then in my humble opinion, it will be worth the wait.
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; October 7th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Not with an iron sight and moe handguard. I know b/c I check every day
    You are correct, i dont know why i forgot about that one. I even had a screen shot of it on my ipad because i wanted to get it and then forgot about it

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattintaylor View Post
    You are correct, i dont know why i forgot about that one. I even had a screen shot of it on my ipad because i wanted to get it and then forgot about it
    Be pathetic like me . I get on that site every day like 5 times between 9am and 1pm. They take a while to finish up loading deals. BUT here is something fucked up. Today they had the CHF upper for 399 w/o bcg or ch. it was down to 359 a few hours later. Like wise back in july they were doing lower build kits with pmags for 149 and they went up to 189 within the hour. I don't need any more parts right now, but i can't help myself! You just never know...

You'll find what you need. Hope it works out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Be pathetic like me . I get on that site every day like 5 times between 9am and 1pm. They take a while to finish up loading deals. BUT here is something fucked up. Today they had the CHF upper for 399 w/o bcg or ch. it was down to 359 a few hours later. Like wise back in july they were doing lower build kits with pmags for 149 and they went up to 189 within the hour. I don't need any more parts right now, but i can't help myself! You just never know...

You'll find what you need. Hope it works out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.
    Thanks! I have a few lowers laying around and want a cheap build. Psa looks to be a great balance between quality and price. I should have jumped on that $420 weekend deal i saw friday. Now i am kicking myself, hope it reappears soon.

(Beaver County)

Don't fret. I bet it will. In fact, wait till Black Friday if possible. They do a pretty good job up staging themselves pending any other political issues.

(Northampton County)

How do there parts compare to the companies like Double Star or DTI?
    Are they above these or are these companies not too bad either?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast