Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Angry Mayor, Governor Call On Congress To Reinstate Assault Weapon Ban

Mayor, Governor Call On Congress To Reinstate Assault Weapon Ban

City and state officials called Thursday for Congress to reinstate a ban on assault weapons, an impassioned plea delivered as the police department prepared to bury Liczbinski who was killed by a high-powered rifle.

The ban that had been enacted in 1994 was not renewed after lapsing in 2004.

Nutter said last weekend's "assassination" of Liczbinski, who was shot at least five times by a Chinese SKS rifle was "truly shocking."

"We all know that he did not stand a chance," said Nutter, speaking at a City Hall news conference.

At Thursday's news conference, Nutter and Gov. Ed Rendell released a copy of a letter they sent to members of the state's congressional delegation asking for the federal ban on assault weapons to be reinstated.

"Passing this legislation will go a long way to protecting those who put their lives on the line every day for us," Rendell and Nutter wrote. "There is no excuse to do otherwise."

Ramsey, who also attended the news conference, bristled when told that some gun-rights organizations dispute whether the SKS rifle qualifies as an assault weapon.

The gun inflicts wounds so devastating that it should be considered one, Ramsey said angrily.

"Then add it to the frickin' list!" he said to sustained applause from officials and other police officers.

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

Default Re: Mayor, Governor Call On Congress To Reinstate Assault Weapon Ban

Quote Originally Posted by PA CERTIFIED AGENT View Post
    Mayor, Governor Call On Congress To Reinstate Assault Weapon Ban

City and state officials called Thursday for Congress to reinstate a ban on assault weapons, an impassioned plea delivered as the police department prepared to bury Liczbinski who was killed by a high-powered rifle.
    Translation:

Small child asks one parent for money for an ice cream cone. That parent says "no." Small child then asks the other parent for money for an ice cream cone.

(Lehigh County)

I just got this picture emailed to me from a friend. I was told it is hanging on the corner of Cottman Ave and Frankford Ave in Philly.

~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Philadelphia County)

Talking Re: Mayor, Governor Call On Congress To Reinstate Assault Weapon Ban

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I use to try that one myself, and it worked sometimes.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

Quote Originally Posted by spabula
    I just got this picture emailed to me from a friend. I was told it is hanging on the corner of Cottman Ave and Frankford Ave in Philly.
    That's explosive. We need a better picture to find out who takes credit for producing it.

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post

thats going to stir the pot

(Delaware County)

This is nothing more than pandering. It would be nice to hear a politician call for a ban on criminals, judges who hand out lenient sentencing and prosecutors that plea bargain to make their work load lighter.

This plea for a ban on assault weapons is merely politicians that have no concept on how to deal with the crime problem.

(Chester County)

Ramsey, who also attended the news conference, bristled when told that some gun-rights organizations dispute whether the SKS rifle qualifies as an assault weapon.

The gun inflicts wounds so devastating that it should be considered one, Ramsey said angrily.
    Sounds like he wants to consider any centerfire rifle an assault weapon, how quickly they expand their loose definition of "assault weapon". No wonder we fight these stupid laws so strongly, give them an inch and they take a mile. By his definition a Ruger No.1 (single shot) in .243 is an "assault weapon".

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    thats going to stir the pot
    I wonder why Chuck Cassidy and Gary Skerski's pictures are not on the poster.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post

I wish it was real, but, it sure looks like a photoshop job to me.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast