Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default LEOs! This is for you

Yeah, I know you get the short end of the stick most of the time, but I just wanted to say THANKS!! for all the work you do for us civilians.

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/traffic...ly-gun-battle/

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: LEOs! This is for you

LEO's are civilians, too, same as me.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Luzerne County)

Oh no, you used the "C" word!!!!! Gonna ruin everyone's day now!

Quote Originally Posted by dp2002 View Post
    Yeah, I know you get the short end of the stick most of the time, but I just wanted to say THANKS!! for all the work you do for us civilians.

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/traffic...ly-gun-battle/
    Seriously, Wtf is wrong with people. Pulled over for speeding and you break out a gun (I would guess that he had warrants, drugs or something else that sparked the reaction) is bad enough, having your 10, 13, and 15 year old kid in the car is even worse.

Cop got the guy in the chest, and he died a half mile away.

So just during this little interlude of their life the kids get to see their father turn violent, pull out a gun and shoot at an officer, get back in the car probably covered in blood, and then watch him die after he put their lives at risk twice. First when the cop shot at him and then when he tried driving the car as he was dying.

With parents like this out there, you wonder what chance do some kids really have.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    LEO's are civilians, too, same as me.
    He probably should say "sworn" officer to distinguish and not civilian.

But hey you may walk up to unknown occupants of unknown vehicles or houses on a daily basis also, same as me.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

With parents like this out there, you wonder what chance do some kids really have.
    A guy I rehired got a DUI the night before he was to return to work. I saw him at 8 pm that night, sober. Less than 3 hours later he was pulled. He never showed the next day (Sunday). His wife stopped by Monday to tell me of the DUI and why he was in jail. He not only was a repeat offender (for DUIs), but his two kids were in the car.

In the vid, amazing this guy took one (most likely a .40) to the chest and was able to get away, though he still died from the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    A guy I rehired got a DUI the night before he was to return to work. I saw him at 8 pm that night, sober. Less than 3 hours later he was pulled. He never showed the next day (Sunday). His wife stopped by Monday to tell me of the DUI and why he was in jail. He not only was a repeat offender (for DUIs), but his two kids were in the car.
    I can't really talk about particulars, but some of the stories I've been told by councilors at the school I've work at for the last 18 years are literally horror stories and leave me shaking my head. I am sure there are police officers with similar stories from their experience. It really does make you think what chance do some kids have and does show a need for a support system for some.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    He probably should say "sworn" officer to distinguish and not civilian.

But hey you may walk up to unknown occupants of unknown vehicles or houses on a daily basis also, same as me.
    I think that would be a good term to use. Sworn to uphold and preserve the law, while serving and honoring the rights of the citizens of the jurisdiction where they work, who pay them for their service. I like it!

We all deal with strangers every day of our lives, on the road, in the store, in our businesses and workplaces. We are probably less safe than police officers, since most criminals will not intentionally attack a uniformed officer, but will actually stay away from them, as that will best preserve their ability to continue to be a criminal. Most criminal activity is directed toward non-LEO's, I would think. I just believe we have to get away from elevating LEO's to some higher class of citizenship, which allows some of them to believe that non-LEO's can and should be treated with distrust and disrespect without reason or suspicion. To me, words matter, and as long as people are getting the words wrong, attitudes will follow.

I respect police officers and what they do, and do not give anyone a hard time without justification. If I have an interaction with a police officer, I will show him or her the same respect I show anyone else I interact with. Maybe even more, out of respect for their profession. But I will not tolerate myself being treated as a criminal without cause, which I think is a result of a societal elevation of police officers to a higher position than others.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Crazy video !
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

This is why I have no issus with overly cautious LEO's. They never know what they're going to meet with. They are way underpaid IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast