Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Help Spread the Word - Appleseed Project

This program looks excellent and appears to be run by some very nice and down to earth people. The goal is to teach people how to shoot properly and proficiently at distances up to 500 yards. It is a rifleman orientated program so it focuses on combat accuracy and marksmanship skills not solely long range accuracy work.

The program lasts anywhere from 2- to 7-days.

It is a $200 fee for adult males and FREE for those under 21 and women for the 7-day Bootcamp, and $45 and $70 for 1- and 2-day appleseed shooting events for adult males; and again FREE for those under 21 and women.

A semi-auto .22 rifle (and 1.5k rounds of ammo) is recommended for the majority of this course, and a centerfire rifle (and 200 rounds of ammo) us recommended for the long range aspect. Rifles of any type are welcomed, but preferred is semi-auto (almost necessary) with detachable magazine. Some popular guns used: SKS, M16, AR15, M1A, FAL, and others.

You of course cover cost of lodging/food/drinks, but camping out on the range is encouraged; campfires are allowed on most ranges. There is a No-Alcohol Policy which is strictly enforced for everyone's safety.

I'm not affiliated with this organization in anyway, but I heard about this and thought it was an excellent opportunity, especially for young/female shooters.

I hope to attend the August 24-31 7-day Bootcamp in Ramseur, NC.

http://appleseedinfo.org/
    Last edited by jon'76; May 8th, 2008 at 07:53 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Help Spread the Word - Appleseed Project

Your link makes the baby Jesus cry.

Its got one too many http in the front.

Either way, this seems like a good time, I'm bookmarking it for future reference.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Help Spread the Word - Appleseed Project

My fault everyone. I just fixed the link so now it brings you directly to the proper website.

Here's a link from the leader of that program regarding marksmanship: http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/rifle.asp?ITEM=2
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto