Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Here we go again. Philadelphia Rep Dwight Evans pushes for "sensible" gun laws.

Philly rep Evens just announced he will again try to get "Sensible"gun laws passed in Harrisburg.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Here we go again.

This is new for old Dwight how exactly? He's been saying the same thing over and over since he's been in Harrisburg. Even though the majority out there has changed hands, I still believe that we are relatively safe. Most of the anti's are from the big cities and they still don't out number the pro crowd.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Gee, our guns laws seem "sensible" enough to me
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    Philly rep Evens just announced he will again try to get "Sensible"gun laws passed in Harrisburg.
    cool...that must mean that soon:

- there won't be any DCNR regulation against carrying in a state park

- carrying a gun in the woods will no longer be considered prima facia evidence of hunting

- you won't need an LTCF to open carry in philly (i'll bet that's the nonsensical law he most wants to get rid of)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    cool...that must mean that soon:

- there won't be any DCNR regulation against carrying in a state park

- carrying a gun in the woods will no longer be considered prima facia evidence of hunting

- you won't need an LTCF to open carry in philly (i'll bet that's the nonsensical law he most wants to get rid of)

I'm sure he's also working on a state resolution to condemn the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and many parts of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 as being contrary to both the Federal and State constitution.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I'm sure he's also working on a state resolution to condemn the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and many parts of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 as being contrary to both the Federal and State constitution.
    i'll bet he's going beyond that. he prolly wants to authorize the PA National Guard to engage any federal agents who try to arrest any PA citizens for violations of these unconstitutional laws.

i'm liking this guy more and more all the time.

Cool Re: Here we go again. Philadelphia Rep Dwight Evans pushes for "sensible" gun laws.

I Still like the Idea of the governement having to buy me one gun per month... I dont know about you guys, but I havent won the lotterly lately, and if they gave me a gun a month, it would really help!

Now if they decide to go this route, I would like a nice 1911, then a Fn or Fal, third month I would go for a CZ Wait when they brought up this thing about one gun per month.... Did they put a price limit on them? If not I would take a FC C2-a2 the month after that... Naturally seeing I cant afford one gun per month with my present paiments, I would be very appreciative to any body in governement who would pay all these for me on a one gun per month basis.

Maybe what they can do seeing we are all law abiding citizens and are only protecting our selves since the police can't be there to do it for us, is give a tax rebate to new purcases..
    Last edited by Frenchy; January 11th, 2007 at 02:55 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly