Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Beretta 21 A Bobcat

Hi all !

I picked up a used Beretta 21A "bobcat" the other day, and just got the chance to shoot it today - it didn't like the Winchester super-x at all, but I shot 100 flawless rounds of CCI Mini-Mags through it - what a hoot to shoot ! I got it to shoot something comparable to my 3032 Tomcat. This one has a much better trigger, both with double and single action.

Cb
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta 21 A Bobcat

they're great little guns, i have the inox version.
    mine like the hot rounds too like cci mini mag and stingers, but it is exceptionally accurate with cci quickshocks. iown the tomcat too and i actually prefer the bobcat.

enjoy

(Lancaster County)

I'm thinking I do too !

Very happy with this little gun - especially finding it lightly used for a decent price !
    Cb

(Jefferson County)

I have a .25ACP flavored Bobcat that has been absolutely reliable. While the .25ACP isn't a notorious "manstopper", I can dump the entire 9+1 well within a paper plate at 10ft in rapid succession. ...which, 10rnds into the face or heart area of center mass will change the demeanor of all but the most determined badguys.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I have a .25ACP flavored Bobcat that has been absolutely reliable. While the .25ACP isn't a notorious "manstopper", I can dump the entire 9+1 well within a paper plate at 10ft in rapid succession. ...which, 10rnds into the face or heart area of center mass will change the demeanor of all but the most determined badguys.
    I also have the .25ACP version of the Bobcat. I haven't shot it in some time as .25 is expensive for a tiny round. I used to carry it in my jacket pocket before I got a S&W Bodyguard .380.

(Chester County)

I have a 21A, and it doesn't like bulk ammo at all, but does shoot CCI Minimags and Stingers 100%, so that is what I shoot with it.

(Bucks County)

The 21A was my wife's first carry gun. Many women like them because they can be loaded without manipulating a slide. There are two, possibly three things about it that some may find undesirable. It has no extractor in .22 caliber, relying on timing of the slide and gasses to expel the shell. That can make the gun a bit finicky about what ammo will be reliable. The second issue is the detent on the safety is gorilla-rated. I took a coil from the spring. The third issue, subjective I'll admit, is the trigger is not the greatest.

I replaced her 21A with a Tomcat (.32 acp). I paid a gunsmith to work that trigger. It was terrible. I didn't attempt it myself because I think the innards were copied from the Italian's Desmodromic motorcycle engine. If three parts work, nine are better.

(Monroe County)

I have the 21 in 22 with a threaded barrel. Loads of fun to shoot.

Last edited by thelemite; October 1st, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The 21A was my wife's first carry gun. Many women like them because they can be loaded without manipulating a slide. There are two, possibly three things about it that some may find undesirable. It has no extractor in .22 caliber, relying on timing of the slide and gasses to expel the shell. That can make the gun a bit finicky about what ammo will be reliable. The second issue is the detent on the safety is gorilla-rated. I took a coil from the spring. The third issue, subjective I'll admit, is the trigger is not the greatest.

I replaced her 21A with a Tomcat (.32 acp). I paid a gunsmith to work that trigger. It was terrible. I didn't attempt it myself because I think the innards were copied from the Italian's Desmodromic motorcycle engine. If three parts work, nine are better.
    Bang, watch that Tomcat, I just found the infamous crack in the frame... I haven't shot hot loads though it either...but I did get it used... other than that I really like it.
    Cb

(Lancaster County)

[QUOTE=thelemite;2517512]I have the 21 in 22 with a threaded barrel. Loads of fun to shoot.

thelemite,

I was just looking at the threaded barrels for them ! pretty cool...

Cb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast