Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Tactics: What would you have done?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

Range Rover driver apparently ran over a few bikers. I think he did the right thing as long as he went straight to the nearest cop or police station and cooperated fully with a DUI test. With a lawyer present of course! It appeared to me he was trapped and largely outnumbered and very possibly in grave danger.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Tactics: What would you have done?

I wonder why they got all around him in the first place at the beginning of the video?
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I wonder why they got all around him in the first place at the beginning of the video?
    "cuz dats how we do in da hood!"

(Delaware County)

I would've done the same exact thing.

I see multiple attempts at car jacking by a mob
    I see clear and present danger of kidnapping, serious bodily harm and death.
    If they pulled him outta that car, they would've killed him.

They should make this into a Range Rover commercial

(Lancaster County)

There's something oddly familiar about that video....

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Adams County)

I see a ass-hat in a range rover that thinks he is better then anyone else. plus maybe watched too many biker movies. along with a touch of road rage. when he hit the one in the rear he should have been on the phone to 911.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob308 View Post
    I see a ass-hat in a range rover that thinks he is better then anyone else. plus maybe watched too many biker movies. along with a touch of road rage. when he hit the one in the rear he should have been on the phone to 911.
    How do we know he hadn't called 911? It didn't seem like they were going to have a nice discussion with him if he stopped to talk it over.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob308 View Post
    The funny thing about videos like this one, is it's conveniently edited so that we don't get to see what started the confrontation between the bikers and the range rover. If the bikers were in fear of the nutjob behind the wheel, then they had more than enough chances to either call 911 themselves or get away, but it seems instead they decided to try to stop him.

Of course, the guy in the Range Rover just might have been a Creepy Ass-Cracker and all those bikers were scared of being raped.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lackawanna County)

Groups of motorcyclists do this on California freeways. They block traffic and put on a stunt show until the cops arrive. They then speed off usually not getting caught. These groups generally have cameras to film the event...no coincidence there was a rider with a helmet cam. I'm guessing there is lots more footage out there. They usually have police scanners as well to monitor the police response. They are generally very organized albeit engaged in illegal activity.

Looking up the incident further, apparently, the driver had his wife and child in the car as well. The motorcyclists pulled him out of the car and beat him. One news report has him in a coma and a motorcyclist dead. Another lists the RR driver only having lacerations to the face and only injured motorcyclists. It will be an interesting case to follow...especially if the RR driver claims self defense.

With that said, it is interesting to note this occurred in NYC and frequently occurs in California where dracionian gun laws are the norm. Imagine if the stopped driver was carrying. Like I said, they are organized with these "events". They don't choose their locations at random. You don't see these nuts trying to pull off this crap on rural stretches of I-80...they're not that stupid. They don't want to get shot. It's a perfect example of how the subtle threat of criminals running into law abiding citizens with guns prevents crime...even traffic violations in this case.

My take...

I would have waiting a little longer before I slowly pulling into them. As it looks, the only thing the motorcyclists were doing at the time he initially ran over a few of them was slowing to a stop. I agree with the RR's actions at the red light totally. After being followed and having one of the thugs open my door, I would have floored it too. His mistake was getting off the highway. He should have (maybe he was) been on 911 as soon as he drove through them initially.

I hope this incident serves to give these gangs of kids on motorcyclists some forethought before they try something stupid like this again. I also hope it serves to possibly get legislation passed to place harsher penalties on motorcyclists who do this in the future...prison sentences and revocation of motorcycle licenses (after all, LTCF's are revoked for irresponsible use of a firearm and riding a motorcycle is a privilege, not a Constitutionally guarenteed right).

(Allegheny County)

I wish we could know what happened before. Ill post if I find anything. I woulda done the same thing (I am also a biker) . Now I REALLY want to buy me a Range!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast