Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default SuperNoob! (At least to the forums) ? about LTCF

Good (Early) Morning!
    I recently retired from the United States Army (I'm RonStoppable, and yes - I did totally rip off a children's cartoon for my username)

I'll gladly share some 'family photos' of my beloved firearms and hopefully partake in some OC functions!

I came to York via Afghanistan, via Maryland. I'm pleased to be out of Maryland (more than anything!) and have just picked up my shiny new PA Drivers license.

From browsing the forums I see some counties are better than others re: OC and as far as issuing LTCFs.

How well does York County handle things? Anyone had any recent experiences?

Cheers,

RS
    Last edited by RonStoppable; August 3rd, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

(Warren County)

Default Re: SuperNoob! (At least to the forums) ? about LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
    Good (Early) Morning!
    I recently retired from the United States Army (I'm Ron, and yes - I did totally rip off a children's cartoon for my username)

I'll gladly share some 'family photos' of my beloved firearms and hopefully partake in some OC functions!

I came to York via Afghanistan, via Maryland. I'm pleased to be out of Maryland (more than anything!) and have just picked up my shiny new PA Drivers license.

From browsing the forums I see some counties are better than others re: OC and as far as issuing LTCFs.

How well does York County handle things? Anyone had any recent experiences?

Cheers,

Ron
    Welcome to the forum.
    This is the internet and big brother is here.

I would never post a picture of my collection of legally held arms on the internet.

See this thread and the original story
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/231...-employee.html

Get that LTCF and get to know your state reps & sentaors. We need all the active voices we can get.

Best
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
    Good (Early) Morning!
    I recently retired from the United States Army (I'm Ron, and yes - I did totally rip off a children's cartoon for my username)

That's okay. I'm older than you and I've watched every episode of Kim Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    I would never post a picture of my collection of legally held arms on the internet.
    I wouldn't even post a picture of my illegally held guns on the internet. I don't even like mentioning specifics of what I own on the internet.

(York County)

Hi Ron, and welcome to the PAFOA forums. We here in York County are pretty fortunate in so far as our Sheriff is decidedly pro 2A, and his office handles the issuing of LTCF's and forms for suppressors, etc. according to the law, and in a prompt professional manner. My last renewal I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. During the worst of the backlogs had to get paperwork done for a new suppressor. I went in with my forms, had the prints done, and 2 days later got a call that everything was done and I could pick them up. If you compare this with some of the postings here you'll see how bad (repressive and down-right in violation of law) some Sheriff's departments can be. About the worst part of getting your LTCF in York County is the fact that you've actually got to go into downtown York (which isn't always the safest place, although the area around the Sheriff's office building isn't too bad in the daytime), and finding a parking space nearby can be a chore. There's always the parking garage on Market St. across from the courthouse. Download the one-page form and print it, fill it out, and you'll be good to go with your new PA DL. No extra forms to fill out, no police check cards to get, no unauthorized hoops to jump through. You'll find some good folks here on the forums, some good ranges and clubs to shoot at in the area, from handguns, to rifles, to sporting clays, and there's a number of good FFL's and guns shops too. Thanks for your service to our county, and if there's anything I help you with I'm just a PM and/or about 20 minutes away. Welcome home!

(York County)

Per Franklinman, York county and the surrounding area gets an East coast A. I've been here 20 years now (Jesus!!) and I love it. Enjoy, and thank you for your service!

(Luzerne County)

Welcome to the forum.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Welcome to PA and the forums!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Happy retirement. You'll notice several of us on here are retired military also. Second, York Co. is very easy for LTCF application process. Welcome to my homeland.
    Fourth, I was at Meade for two years, pretty good assignment but the gun thing in MD pushed me home to PA most weekends for hunting, shooting, and OC!

CL

(York County)

Once I get this multiquote thing down, I can thank you all en-masse. Re: Seen Every Episode of Kim Possible:

I was at Universal Studios with my neice and they had a Kim Possible look-alike running around it was practically the best day of my life.

I searched the forum last night, but it's sometimes cumbersome - but found some good info all around. Fortunately, I'm no stranger to carry. I was a Virginian before a Marylander and have my non-res FL.

I'm a fan of what I've seen so far, and I got far more house for my money than I thought.

As a side-note: I'm medically retired, not one of the '20 year' varieties. Although I did 13 years.

Thanks for the tips about not posting pics, I guess I was just so excited to not be dealing with MOM I forget that things can go that way if we aren't too careful...

PS: I'm glad to be in a place where my vote counts!

(Schuylkill County)

Welcome Ron

Just FYI. Florida non-resident licenses are no longer valid substitutes for a PA LTCF. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think they still honor Utah non-res.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast