Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Daniel Boone Rod & Gun members?

Does anybody know if a reference is required for membership? I downloaded a membership application but it has no details or instructions. There's basically no info about the membership requirements or rules on the website. I am also curious about club rules regarding guests/kids. Any info or contact info would be very helpful.
    Thanks.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Daniel Boone Rod & Gun members?

there hard to get ahold of, a very clicky club, the club officers think there gun gods.
    if you can get the guy who returns messages, if he feels like it an usually with some smart ass joke.

im just not big on clubs that cant do without alcohol
    they do have stuff for family like the trout rodeo.
    show up trap night an somebody will sign you up.

i recommend oley rod an gun its right down the road allot more active less drama filled club
    all warfare is based on deception..........

(Berks County)

I take it that you are a member at Oley? If so, maybe you can clarify something regarding the range rules. I was considering Oley also but, according to their website, rifle range use is "ONLY under the direction of a qualified Range Master." So if I finally find the time to hit the range, I have to hope that there is a Range Master there to supervise me??

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I take it that you are a member at Oley? If so, maybe you can clarify something regarding the range rules. I was considering Oley also but, according to their website, rifle range use is "ONLY under the direction of a qualified Range Master." So if I finally find the time to hit the range, I have to hope that there is a Range Master there to supervise me??
    yes i am that just means you have to go threw the first tour when you join.
    i think that is in there because of the ass hat builder that tried to have them shut down so he could sell his houses.
    its a little rustic there but i like it allot everyone i have met has been respectful
    they have a real nice skeet an sporting clays range
    safety is big there unlike other clubs and they dont permit "aiming oil" while using the range unlike some clubs

(Berks County)

whatever you do stay away from neversink it is a dangerous place an one day your going to hear about a tragic accident. they worry about that bar more then range.

just show up one of the skeet or sporting clays night the treasure or one of the officers is always there an he can sign you up

(Berks County)

Thanks for the reply.

So it doesn't mean that everytime I would use the rifle range there must be a Range Master there, just for the initial use....correct?

I live about a mile from Neversink, and have read enough to stay away.

Thanks!

(Berks County)

Same boat here. I was advised against neversink. I'm going to Daniel Boone tomorrow night to have a look and hopefully sign up. I looked at University but for $125, i'd rather buy ammo.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86 View Post
    Same boat here. I was advised against neversink. I'm going to Daniel Boone tomorrow night to have a look and hopefully sign up. I looked at University but for $125, i'd rather buy ammo.
    I finally found a reference for DB, so I am mailing my application tomorrow. The $125 at University was not a deal breaker right away for me, however $125 PLUS the reply I got to an email with 2 simple questions was enough for me to keep looking. I will probably end up getting an application for Oley as well to give both a try.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I finally found a reference for DB, so I am mailing my application tomorrow. The $125 at University was not a deal breaker right away for me, however $125 PLUS the reply I got to an email with 2 simple questions was enough for me to keep looking. I will probably end up getting an application for Oley as well to give both a try.
    If you join Oley, let me know about the 'range master' policy. I can deal with a one time safety evaluation, but I dont need someone standing over my shoulder while I shoot.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86 View Post
    If you join Oley, let me know about the 'range master' policy. I can deal with a one time safety evaluation, but I dont need someone standing over my shoulder while I shoot.
    Sure, will do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast