Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Florida group offers free shotguns

The Armed Citizen Project offers one free shotgun per household on its website in an effort to saturate high-crime areas with gun owners.

ORLANDO — Hundreds of Florida residents accepted an offer this week for a free shotgun, said the director of the Florida branch of the Texas-based Armed Citizen Project.

A website for the group, which offered one free shotgun per household, said the project hopes to create "gun rich" zones in moderate- to high-crime areas in the United States to analyze what happens to the crime rate when a neighborhood is saturated with guns.

But Ron Ritter, director of the Florida branch, said guns would be distributed to all comers instead of being concentrated in a defined location. He said the group expects to begin distributing shotguns "in the next 10 days."

The group flooded a quiet Orlando neighborhood on Sunday with fliers about the free shotguns and ammunition to homeowners who pass a background check and take a firearms course.

Geovany Sinche, 40, a hotel maintenance worker who lives in the Sunshine Gardens neighborhood, said he was surprised to receive the offer, since, he said, crime is not a significant problem there.

"I don't think giving everyone guns is the solution. If I see something wrong, I call the police," said Sinche.

Project founder Kyle Coplen could not immediately be reached for comment.

Ritter said the project also has branches in California, Illinois, Arizona and other states.
    http://news.msn.com/us/florida-group...t-finds-takers
    I wouldn't mind a free shotgun. I wonder what kind of firearms course they require. Hunters safety course?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Florida group offers free shotguns

This sounds awesome, I just hope the course is a comprehensive one to teach everyone sufficiently!

(Beaver County)

I wish we had something like this around here... I wouldn't mind having someone just give me a shotgun...
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

The dude said everyone having a gun isn't the solution. Well, if every good citizen has a gun and can use it, then the bad guys are pretty much out of business.....or on a suicide mission. "At any rate, the gun is the bad guy equalizer/demoralizer.....if you have one.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    I wish we had something like this around here... I wouldn't mind having someone just give me a shotgun...
    Maybe we should start a petition on that government petition site and request the government give training, ammo and either a .45, 9mm pistol, revolver or rifle/shotgun to any law abiding citizen who wants one. It would definitely increase civilian marksmanship and give us a ready militia or semi-trained soldiers should the need arise.

Too bad our Founders (or the NRA even) hadn't thought of that before...
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Montgomery County)

Didn't say how it is going to work? How do they know who lives where? Do they want ID and a utility bill? Do they walk up to the house and knock on the door? Do they train the people? Is it even legal?