Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Thumbs down Re: PGC says off-duty police officers cannot carry in a vehicle!

The PGC are a buch of incompitent dickheads. Its okay for you me and every other LTCF holders to carry but not off duty LEO's. WTF ever. They make me crazy.
    3%

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PGC says off-duty police officers cannot carry in a vehicle!

Good Luck convicting any LEO of concealed carry anywhere in the U.S.(except maybe Jersey, city issue hollowpoints are illegal there) My union would have a field day with those fish counters!

(Cumberland County)

Ok wait....I just got confused, When I got my LTCF i really only intended to use it for target shooting, so thats what I checked, although "thanks to this site" I am now a regular CC guy and am experimenting with OC, is CC still ok?? I though I read on here that it doesn't matter what is checked, if not...what do I need to do??
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Indiana County)

So your[sic] saying that a State has to "agree" to LEOSA in order for it to be in effect in the State?
    Essentially, yes.

Unless contested (which is an expensive, long, drawn-out process), many "unconstitutional" federal laws continue to exist, and Congress keeps creating more.

(Luzerne County)

No police officer (municipal or State) is worried about being cited under this law as the UFA is "the" law in regards to carrying firearms, not this idiotic law.

My point was that the PGC does NOT set the standards for the carrying of firearms, unless........it pertains to hunting.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Constitutional Law 101: The "federal" LEOSA law only covers them if the State says it covers them. The U.S. Government may claim that federal law trumps state law, but such a claim lacks any lawful authority, and the U.S. Supreme Court has concurred.
    I'm not so sure about that. When LEOSA came out there were lots of states and mayors of cities stating they do not recognize the law. Many LEO organizations pointed out that they do not have a choice, there is no requirement for a state to "accept" LEOSA.

Even in states that do not have a CCW law for non-LEO's, an out of state LEO can still carry in that state.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    its just that the PGC has the attitude that they are never wrong about anything.
    When gov't agents have that attitude, that can get frustrating and annoying, can't it.

Does your dept. authorize or even require off duty carry? If so, my opinion is that you are GTG under that law -- official business authorized by your dept. If they don't, get them to do so.

(Luzerne County)

Off-duty carry is approved, although not required. Even though it is approved, there is no requirement for us to act or intervene when off-duty, so you can't use approved off-duty carry as being "on official business".

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

This whole thing started over the SP and whether a person could carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle while going to or coming from the place where they were hunting, fishing or trapping.

I stated and even showed this supposed WCO in black and white that the Uniform Firearms Act clearly states that having a valid SP allows the person to carry a loaded firearm while doing the above.

His answer was, no I was wrong and the PGC was right. I then pointed out the absurd law in my first post to prove that the PGC is wrong about more than one law.

I'm not worried about getting stopped by any WCO, its just that the PGC has the attitude that they are never wrong about anything.
    Steve, who was this WCO?

(Philadelphia County)

Off-duty carry is approved, although not required. Even though it is approved, there is no requirement for us to act or intervene when off-duty, so you can't use approved off-duty carry as being "on official business".
    If that's the case then you will need an LTCF like the rest of us unwashed.

I'm guessing you won't have much trouble getting one.

I understand that the issue you are highlighting is how can the PGC start to regulate firearms carrying that has nothing to do with hunting. Maybe they took a lesson from Nutter. They just do as they please and screw whatever the law really is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast