Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up NRA FUNDRAISING BREAKS RECORDS

The NRA's "Friends of NRA" campaign has raised a record breaking amount of money so far this year. "Friends of NRA" is one of the group's grassroots efforts, sponsoring volunteer events and fundraising banquets around the country. According to Richmond's WTVR.com, the program has already raised $51 million, with "more than 200 fundraising events left in 2013." The amount raised in the first eight and a half months of 2013 is already $1 million more than the entire amount raised in 2012. What does this say to gubernatorial candidates like Terry McAuliffe, who openly pledge to put Colorado-like gun controls in place if elected? And what does this portend for pro-gun control Senators who have been fortunate enough to be elected in anti-gun control states? Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Kay Hagan (D-NC) come to mind. According to the Friends of NRA's National Manager of Events and Marketing, John da Silva: Funds raised by Friends of NRA protect our shooting heritage by supporting youth education, firearm training, range development, conservation efforts, and so much more. From hunters, to competitive shooters, to those who are just proud gun owners, Friends of NRA ensures that all can enjoy the shooting sports for a very long time.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Breaks-Records
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Berks County)

Default Re: NRA FUNDRAISING BREAKS RECORDS

Good news for sure.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Northampton County)

I signed up for the first time in over ten years. And I sent them money twice as well. And I signed up other people and even paid for some of their memberships out of my pocket.

They have a wishy-washy record. And they have sometimes been troublesome on the state level in recent years. But they are coming around and they certainly stood up with a no-surrender policy on the national level over the past year. And as long as they do that I will stand with them.

I was a nay sayer of the NRA, especially being in NY. The NRA hasn't always been real visible here. After the Newtown shooting in fact I was among those saying "yep, just wait for it. The NRA will support mag limits or background checks to avoid another AW ban". To my surprise and their credit they have not. I upgraded to life member.

(Berks County)

That's actually when I joined then became a life member the month after.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Juniata County)

The NRA is not the end all be all. The NRA does a hell of a lot for hunters, sportsmen, three guns shooters, cops and the military - not including their lobby. Their training, public awareness and school education programs justify the membership.

And the NRA board is elected by their members. If you think they are to wishy washy, make sure you vote. Answer their surveys.

But I do think everyone - I mean everyone, should be a member of another pro-gun organization. Take your Pick. Here is a good short list. Maybe pick two.

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
    National Association for Gun Rights
    Pink Pistols
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)/
    American Gun Owners Alliance
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; September 30th, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Westmoreland County)

Really?

Well, we'll just have to break those new records too, along with fundraising records for GOA and other organizations doing God's work out there.

Keep the Pressure On!!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    But I do think everyone - I mean everyone, should be a member of another pro-gun organization. Take your Pick. Here is a good short list. Maybe pick two.

National Association for Gun Rights
    Pink Pistols
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)/

Is there a good resource that compares the different viewpoints of all the organizations out there?

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for that list. I'll definitely look into at least some of these.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    Is there a good resource that compares the different viewpoints of all the organizations out there?
    The best source is their own websites; Facebook pages ect. Never hurts to do some digging; but I believe all of the above have been pretty well vetted.

I'll give you my personal impression, what I've been able to dig up. Perhaps some more knowledgeable forum members can add additional information.

Dedicated to tracking all gun legislation, all gun laws, and contact information for all elected officals throughout the country - including all 50 States, not just national information. One of the major goals is to increase communication between different pro-gun organizations. It is full of hugely benifical resources, including contact information for many other groups or organizations ; Petitions; Gun Law Attorneys; Gun Safety; a Law Reference; events: Gun Giveaways, rallies, shows and competitions. Unlike other organizations does not spam your inbox or mailbox begging for money. Very good about alerting you to legislation that affects you. Active on social media, and helps other organizations find membership.
    I suggest everyone register.

Extremely no compromise Group. Has no problem pointing out that gun control is historically rooted in racism; and disappointingly targets inner city groups (blacks, Hispanics, Jews). Actively produces and hosts movies explain the need for a well armed public - including the ability to resist genocide. Reminds people of WACO & other abuses. An established group, going back to 1986.

Founded my former NRA leadership for did not like NRA compromises on the 2nd amendment. Legislatively seems to be mostly active of federal level, however they have been involved in court cases in most States . No compromise organization, founded in 1975. Active in seeking changes in Gun Free School Zone..

National Association for Gun Rights Aggressive strategy, frequent emails and petitions, encouraging you to contact your elected officials. Works on Federal Level, works with State organizations. Strongly advocates Constitutional Carry.. Among court causes by the NAGR: Filed a suit against the U.S. Postal Service for prohibiting the carry of firearms on Postal Service property. (partial win, can not carry in building, but can carry on their property). McDonald v. Chicago Supreme Court case, an amicus brief filed by the National Association for Gun Rights was cited by the court.
    In early 2010 NAGR and RMGO threatened legal action against Colorado State University over the right of students and faculty to legally carry a concealed firearm on campus. CSU rescinded their gun ban in May of that year.

Pink Pistols For something a little different. Pink Pistols is a homosexual advocacy, second amendment advocacy organization. Active in these United States & Canada. . Believes that homosexuals are the targets of crime & abuse, and the best thing they can do is accept personal responsibility for their own defense and carry a firearm. Encourage frequent range training and public awareness, as well as helping people obtain permits. Symbol is an armed silhouette in a Pink Triangle - the pink triangle was what Homosexuals had to wear in Nazi Concentration camps, so I think it shows a nice sense of history.Has a chapter outside of Philly.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms I do not know every much about them. Founded in 1971. Does have a great video spot about Fast and Furious they run on TV. Closely tied with the Second Amendment Foundation.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)/ Publishes Several Magazines, and promotes firearms discussion on college campuses. Extremely active in the judicial system. Founded in 1974. Name comes up in several successful gun rights lawsuits. Responsible for the DC. vs Heller case & McDonald v. Chicago. used the courts to overturn a San Francisco Gun ban. Of all places, the Hufflington post as a good article on the SAF - keep in mind that HuffPo hates guns stupid gun owners, and wants to make divisions between NRA/SAF that are not legitimate. SAF is far more aggressive in the courts than the NRA - and a good choice for support. Good Comparison on the SAF/NRA can be found here - and if you need a nice wall peice you can support them by buying this 1911

If you support homosexual rights - and gun rights - I would recommend Pink Pistols. Otherwise I would steer clear, because they tie both together.
    Otherwise I would recommend any of the above groups for membership if you support gun rights.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; October 7th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001