Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who here takes their wife/husband or gf/bg to the range with them?

Who takes their wife or girlfriend to the range? My wife may not be into guns, but she encourages me to buy more weapons for my collection. I love the fact that she is supportive of a hobby that she does not like too much. She has also said that she would accompany me to the range. I was really happy because I want her to be comfortable shooting the weapons that I own. I cannot wait til we get the opportunity to go back out to the range.

I hope that other members have supportive wives and girlfriends. If not...you may want to replace them now...HAHA

Edited to be PC because I am Mr. PC. I just noticed that I posted this thread on my bday last year. Interesting.
    Last edited by aubie515; June 4th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Who here takes their wife or gf to the range with them?

My wife and two daughters 13 and 17 are all shooters and do come to the range with me. My wife has taken classes as well and is licensed to CCW.

(Lehigh County)

My wife goes with me a few times a year. My youngest daughter also goes shooting when she is home,twice a year. In fact, I put up a shillote target and put her x's name at the top. She blue it's head off with my 12 gauge. I think my little girl might still be bitter. LOL But seriously, my wife encourges me to go shoot. She knows that it really relaxs me. Jay

(Allegheny County)

My girlfriend happily came and met me at the range today.. she ate her lunch at the benches (with earplugs) with 3 high powered rifles blasting away around her.

Then she took a nap in the car.

=-)

(Philadelphia County)

I taught my girlfriend how to shoot and she's very good at it. She doesn't have the same passion I do for guns and shooting but she comes with me now and then and shoots my USP9c.
    Last edited by danp; May 15th, 2006 at 11:00 AM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Cambria County)

When I worked in the shop in MD. I encouraged the husbands and fathers to take their wife and kids out to shoot. I feel that we need all the support we can get.

One older couple came in to buy him a 22 to shoot in competition. He decided on a Ruger Mark II 6 7/8" slab side. I asked her if she went along when he shoots. She stated that she never shot a pistol and never wanted to. I told her that I think everyone should learn to shoot in case something happened and they had to use the gun.

They were back in 6 weeks later to order her gun. She got a Sig trailside 6" target model. She is now the top lady shooter in the league and is scoring better than her husband.

It is great when you can bring new shooters to the sport. From all the women that I have seen at the ranges...most of them shoot better than the men. I believe it is because for the most part...women are more patient and they take their time and actually aim at the target.

As far as the trailside...I was going to buy one, but have read numerous threads on rimfirecentral that the trailside's trigger tends to crack. Sig also discontinued the trailside from production. Too bad that Sig couldn't work out the bugs on the trigger...because the trigger was very crisp and smooth.

(Carbon County)

Sometimes she takes me! Hah!

The only problem is ....who will switch off hanging out with the 3 year old if he gets too bored/rowdy.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Philadelphia County)

I take my girlfriend to the range. She is always willing to go.

I sometimes hate this though, because on occasions she shoots better than I do.

And damn those .45s are very expensive...

(Bucks County)

I leave the wife at home but do take the girlfriend

Actually she shoots better than me.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast