Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default thinking of relocating to Milford area

Was wondering if any one could tell me a little about the are. Me and my fiance are trying to move closer to NY since thats where we're both from, but i don't want to leave PA. Seems like the Milford/Matamoras are would fit the bill. Pretty much just looking for some place to settle down buy a house and start a family in. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Monroe County)

Default Re: thinking of relocating to Milford area

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Was wondering if any one could tell me a little about the are. Me and my fiance are trying to move closer to NY since thats where we're both from, but i don't want to leave PA. Seems like the Milford/Matamoras are would fit the bill. Pretty much just looking for some place to settle down buy a house and start a family in. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Jobs? Budget? What are you looking for in schools? Del Val is really good. It's rural, not for everybody especially if you are used to convenience.
    If you have to commute it makes for a long day.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Jobs? Budget? What are you looking for in schools? Del Val is really good. It's rural, not for everybody especially if you are used to convenience.
    If you have to commute it makes for a long day.
    Probably for our first house i'd like to stick around $150k obviously once we get married next year it won't be to long before the inevitable next step in life, so it would be nice to find a home i can afford with one income.

Rural is fine by me and my fiance, we grew up in suburbs but we are both kinda tired of being that close to people, also i spent a lot of time in the country growing up and know what to expect with country living.

Commute to potential employers for me would be about 50 minutes in either direction, my current comute is about 40-45 so not really a big change there. As for her it all depends on where she finds a job she graduates in december with a masters in counseling so really it depends on whos hiring.

We are both outdoorsy, I hunt, fish etc. we both hike kayack and all that so being around all those state parks and such would be awesome.

(Lackawanna County)

At that price point you are going to need to be in a development id think. Houses in milford arent cheap and I dont think matamoras is much better. What industry are you in? Be prepared to be an hour from everything. Middletown newburgh poughkeepsie monroe scranton wilkes barre east stroudsburg rockaway parsippany etc.

(Pike County)

The house on my street is getting ready to go on the market soon. It was a foreclosure that sat empty for a few years. New siding, sheetrock, kitchen, well, septic. They've been busting their asses on it all summer. Looks really good from the outside. Think the wife said they were looking for around 140k. It's small, but everything is new.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    At that price point you are going to need to be in a development id think. Houses in milford arent cheap and I dont think matamoras is much better. What industry are you in? Be prepared to be an hour from everything. Middletown newburgh poughkeepsie monroe scranton wilkes barre east stroudsburg rockaway parsippany etc.
    None of the houses I found were really that bad, I'm kool with living in a development. I found a ton around $150k. Taxes are a little higher than surrounding areas but not as high as any where in NY. I'm kool with being that far from cities. So long as there's some form of shopping around.

If you're willing to consider looking at something outside the immediate Milford area and in a community, there are many options just outside town in the Dingman Township area, along 2001 (Milford Rd.) 2006 (Log Tavern Rd.) and 739. But ask around because some developments have better reputations than others.

(Chester County)

Nice thanks for the info. We'll probably rent for a year any way to get a feel for the area before we commit. Plus need some time to save up more money.

(Pike County)

My Wife and I live in Newfoundland, not to far from Milford. We like to go to Milford on occasion to walk the down town and enjoy the restaurants there. We both really like it in that town, great place. When you get ready to start looking for a house look me up, I do Real Estate and know the area well.
    Good luck and enjoy the town.

(Wayne County)

Rhs98jeep any cheap, swampy hunting land out your way?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast