Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default M&P Shield Recall Notification

I heard about the recall here and went to the S&W Website to check my firearms for this issue.

I registered both of our Shields - shouldn't have i received a notice for this safety issue by mail?

I received nothing for either firearm purchased as different times/different stores. That is not acceptable to me.

Did any Shield owners receive a recall notice in the mail?

(Butler County)

Default Re: M&P Shield Recall Notification

never heard of a recall. there is a safety alert and if your pistol is fine then you need to do nothing. if it isn't ok then it can be sent to S&W or a place authorized to repair them

https://secure05.lwcdirect.com/front...&campaignID=63

Just1more. it wasn't a recall. a safety alert. did you read on how to check your triggers? IM me if you need help checking them. or take them to a m&p armor, the check will be paid for by S&W.
    Last edited by bearman; September 20th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

(Butler County)

see the link that I posted. if it is defective then there is a button to click on at the bottom of the page to get a shipping label

(Allegheny County)

Oh its a safety alert and not a recall but could be if it has an issue, as I understand. I do know about the trigger problem on some and checked both of my 9mm shields triggers as did my husband. They sprang back as they should on many tries according to the S&W info.

I posted this as i wondered due to the risk of injury, if S&W is depending on all gun owners to keep up on forums to find out about such concerns or if they are proactive and send out a notice to check that their guns are operating as intended.

Thats what my post was about - just finding out if anyone received a formal notice in the mail as i didn't for either of my Shields.

****UPDATE Today Sept 20 - received 2 separate S&W safety alert letters for both Shields Their ears must have been burning !! (-:
    Last edited by Just1more; September 20th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

only a suggestion. smithandwessoforum.com --- a good hhtp: for s&w's.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Oh its a safety alert and not a recall but could be if it has an issue, as I understand. I do know about the trigger problem on some and checked both of my 9mm shields triggers as did my husband. They sprang back as they should on many tries according to the S&W info.

I posted this as i wondered due to the risk of injury, if S&W is depending on all gun owners to keep up on forums to find out about such concerns or if they are proactive and send out a notice to check that their guns are operating as intended.

Thats what my post was about - just finding out if anyone received a formal notice in the mail as i didn't for either of my Shields.

****UPDATE Today Sept 20 - received 2 separate S&W safety alert letters for both Shields Their ears must have been burning !! (-:
    It takes a lot longer to define the affected items, print up a notification letter, check the serial numbers against all registered owners then mail out those letters. Putting something on a website takes hours. Then there's also the associated costs ...

If you've ever had a recalled car, often you'll read about the recall months before you receive the notice in the mail.
    “When a man cannot chose, he ceases to be a man.”

(Allegheny County)

True about timing, but it reassuring to know that S&W did actually send notices as there may be many who don't frequent forums etc.

(Allegheny County)

Got a letter from S&W last week about the safety bulletin. Got an email from them a week before that.