Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: "Armed Guards don't work"

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Let them have what the people of NYC may carry when on US state or territorial lands. When on a base within a foreign nation - then they can have goodies.

I do not want, nor did the Founding Fathers want, an army ready to do the tasks of the government.

An armed navy is ok so long as they aren't ashore - the Constitution did provide to "keep" a navy. Armies are only to be raised in times of war, therefor any military personnel in service when there isn't a declaration of war shouldn't be armed.

When you join the military you know you are giving up freedoms and personal lifestyle during your term of service. If you don't like being unarmed while on US soil - don't join.
    I'm somewhat ambivalent on this one. On the one hand, I agree with what you're saying. On the other hand, they should have the same right to self defense as we (should) have.

Default Re: "Armed Guards don't work"

Yes, there was carnage before "the good guys with guns" did their jobs. If those "good guys with guns" weren't there at all, the shooter would have likely killed everyone and then himself. I'm sure the survivors were happy the guys with guns were doing what they did. The comment that "armed guards don't work" is an insult to the survivors. Had I been a survivor of this incident, I would want to find whoever made this article and slap the taste out of their mouth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12