Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs down Mark Kelly: ‘Gabby and I have been there’ (Here we go, right on time)

Mark Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, expressed his condolences Monday for the victims of the mass shooting in the Washington Navy Yard, saying “Gabby and I have been there.”

“Gabby and I are holding the victims of today’s massacre at the Washington Navy Yard in our thoughts and prayers,” Kelly, who is a retired Navy pilot and NASA space shuttle commander, said in the statement from the PAC he and his wife co-founded Americans for Responsible Solutions. “[W]e know that nothing will bring solace to the families who lost loved ones. As the hours and days pass, Americans should match their anger and sadness with gratitude for the sailors, Marines, civilians and first responders who are acting with courage today and support for the injured who have such a long road ahead. Gabby and I have been there. In times like this, it’s the ultimate affirmation to have a nation behind you.”(continued)

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...883.html?ml=tb
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Mark Kelly: ‘Gabby and I have been there’ (Here we go, right on time)

I did not see an agenda in that statement. We know he is anti gun and that his wife was shot, and being part of the debate, his words were covered. When he ties it into gun control legislation, then you can call him an insensitive opportunistic statist shill. I am sure he will not disappoint.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Mark Kelly: ‘Gabby and I have been there’ (Here we go, right on time)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    I did not see an agenda in that statement. We know he is anti gun and that his wife was shot, and being part of the debate, his words were covered. When he ties it into gun control legislation, then you can call him an insensitive opportunistic statist shill. I am sure he will not disappoint.
    He is by default. They are a brand. Whenever he opens either of their mouths it is a voice of support for ending the Second Amendment.

All we need now are the families from sandy hook.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    All we need now are the families from sandy hook.
    Just not the ones that support The Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Just not the ones that support The Second Amendment.
    Oh no not thems... Guarantee they will show their faces soon enough.

I do think that he and his wife have an agenda, and it's pretty obvious. It's the same way that if I made a statement about something else about victims of violent crime, people would know my beliefs. Maybe I'm just being a big naive and giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt, but it actually sounded genuine to me, and not like he was pushing an agenda in that statement. Most of what I see in the article mentioning their organization, their history, etc. is being done by the press, and not really the people themselves. I suppose it could be argued that anything they do to gain attention is with the intention of pushing their agenda, and maybe that's true. I think if all we saw was what the statement was, and it was coming from the spouse and victim of gun violence (no other info), we'd probably say that it was true and he was just trying to be encouraging to those people. Just my take on things.

(Armstrong County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ungawa again.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50