Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Stag mod 2 left handed

Stag Mod 2 lefthand

I was think of getting a Stag Mod 2 for a left for $850. I have never owned a stag or any of my friends. Are they any good?

Thanks,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stag mod 2 left handed

If you're planning to never sell it then you might want to opt for a lefty (tough resale) Otherwise I'd stick with the standard (right handed) model, regardless if you're going to shoot it left handed. AR's are very left hand friendly.
    Toujours prêt

(Chester County)

I am a lefty and have a Stag Left-handed model. I actually prefer my right handed model but either way I don't plan on getting rid of it.

The AR15 purists will say get a Colt or it's junk but I believe it's considered a middle to upper range AR. Some may disagree but mine has functioned flawlessly.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Columbia County)

I have a Righty Stag Model 3 with the plus package that I shoot lefty. I installed a Stag ambi safety and I'm pretty happy with the results. I also used the Diamond Head sights and really like them, they work awesome. That said I think I should have gotten a Colt. You get a cleaning kit, sling and the Colt name for not much more than the Stag. I like my Stag but I wish I'd have waited for a Colt.

I have a Stag model 3. I have about 1500 rounds through it and no malfunctions, not even magazine related ones. I have used it so far for two carbine courses; one was 500 rounds and the other was just over 350, with the rest of the rounds fired between doing drills at the range or marksmanship shooting from the bench. During the carbine courses I did not clean it during lunch break, just re-lubed the carrier and bolt.

A friend that I shoot with has a Stag upper on a no name lower and has had similar results with far more rounds than me (about 2000). His lubrication schedule mirrors mine.

We are both satisfied with our guns and would recommend them to anyone. As someone else mentioned, you can get other brands like Colt for a similar price. When I got my Stag, I spent months researching ARs and didn't see Colt's in that price range at the time. I wouldn't have bought a Colt (at that time) anyway. I know some people who have had bad experiences (Colt), both with their products and customer service, but I understand it has been different recently.
    Last edited by Keith A; September 18th, 2013 at 04:03 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I've heard nothing but good things about Stags. I've also shot someone's a few times and it was great.

I'm a lefty and wouldn't buy a left-handed AR though, I can manage well on the conventional setup. Best would be to try both!

(Montgomery County)

Default Right-handed rifles for lefties.

Right-handed rifles for lefties.

This issue keeps coming up over and over again when I do my research; that lefties can use right-handed AR. My only concern is that spent brass will hit me in the face from the ejector port. Is this a real issue or is this more of urban legend for lefties? When I was in the Navy it was commonplace to use a deflector for lefties. Are these somethings that can still be purchased as an aftermarket for an AR? If so how much would it cost?

Thank you,
    Nicholas.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Right-handed rifles for lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick72 View Post
    Right-handed rifles for lefties.

This issue keeps coming up over and over again when I do my research; that lefties can use right-handed AR. My only concern is that spent brass will hit me in the face from the ejector port. Is this a real issue or is this more of urban legend for lefties? When I was in the Navy it was commonplace to use a deflector for lefties. Are these somethings that can still be purchased as an aftermarket for an AR? If so how much would it cost?

Thank you,
    Nicholas.
    I have shot dozens of AR's left handed and none of them have thrown the brass close enough to my face to cause me concern. Even when I've put my nose to the charging handle (I don't normally, except sometimes in prone). You can always adjust the deflection of the brass if that's a concern. The angle the brass is thrown is directly proportionate to the strength of the ejector spring. By trimming it you can change the deflection angle to the 1, 2, or 3 o'clock position. depending on how much you trim.
    Last edited by Hawk; September 19th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Chester County)

I have NEVER been hit in the face or even close to that matter.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Montgomery County)

OK, I decided to get an LE6920 Colt. I would like to modify it so it would be more left-handed friendly. What I'm thinking of doing is getting an ambidextrous safety and a ambidextrous charging handle. Does anybody have any recommendations where in the greater King of Prussia area I could buy these accessories and have them installed?

Thank you,
    Nick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast