Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas needed

(Susquehanna County)

Default Ideas needed

Guys the service man in Afghanistan are starting to feel like the lost army. You read about Iraq all the time. Everyone who sends anything over for the troops send it to Iraq. The guys in Afghanistan feel lost. If you know anyone over there drop them a card or a note just telling them there doing a good job.

And if anyone can come up with a way to get a case of beer pasted customs let me know as all my Grandson wants is a beer and a pizza.

Default Re: Ideas needed

Tell him to walk up to his first sergeant and tell him he likes men...that will get him home quick....There is a reason we ban the use of alcohol in a war zone...he is a soldier in the United States Army, he can be a man and wait.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Tell him to walk up to his first sergeant and tell him he likes men...that will get him home quick....There is a reason we ban the use of alcohol in a war zone...he is a soldier in the United States Army, he can be a man and wait.
    Ummm we don't "ban the use of alcohol in a war zone." The Afghans have laws against alcohol and we are trying to be the good guys and play some things by their rules. We do the same thing in Saudi, Kuwait, etc. Of course some of the guys are building stills and making their own but... It has nothing to do with his being a man.

Larry - Maybe you could hook us up with some addy information and some of us could send some goodies to guys over there.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Ummm we don't "ban the use of alcohol in a war zone." The Afghans have laws against alcohol and we are trying to be the good guys and play some things by their rules. We do the same thing in Saudi, Kuwait, etc. Of course some of the guys are building stills and making their own but... It has nothing to do with his being a man.

Larry - Maybe you could hook us up with some addy information and some of us could send some goodies to guys over there.
    General Order 1.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Susquehanna County)

Passed him an e-mail for names or unit numbers to send packages to. He tells me the Tailaban have been sending dogs into the mine fields at night. He said they hear the booms at night and the replace the mines the next day.

(Adams County)

Was this response warranted? I'm sure he is a "man". He's there, doing his job. And I might add nothing was said about him complaining to come home. Maybe you served in a war zone also, but then, maybe you have first hand experience on what telling a senior NCO "you like men" can mean.

Larry, you can get addresses from AMVETS, VFW and AMERICAN LEGIONS. Mostly local guys/gals. They have approved lists of what can be sent.

I can't send him a beer, but I can sure raise a glass for him and all the rest over there. And I do.........
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Lehigh County)

General Order 1.
    Maybe he was was properly relieved and wants a damn beer before he catches some shut eye.... jeez
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    Maybe he was was properly relieved and wants a damn beer before he catches some shut eye.... jeez
    Maybe.......but he must not forget #11!

OOPS! was just advised the ARMY does not have 11 General Orders......only 03......delay my last. Us Squids and Jarheads have 11.

Sorry, not meaning to jack this thread.
    Last edited by XUSNORDY; May 6th, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Lycoming County)

You might not be able to send a beer, but what about one of those microbrewing home kits. It's not really beer... yet.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Susquehanna County)

Tells me the only thing he wants when he gets home is beer and pizza. And he never wants to see another chicken again as long as he lives. Says thats all they've been eating when they eat with the natives is chicken roasted or broiled are just tossed in the fire and you grab what you want.

By the way thank for the info XUSNORDY Talk to my American Legion about getting some stuff together for them

And axmdr40 he volunteered so I don't think he wants to come home and as for alcohol in a war zone my men raised the perfume river by about 10 feet pissing all the beer we consumed in Nam but maybe you don't consider that a war zone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast