Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Anyone with land to shoot on?

I have recently moved to Peters township. I grew up in Cranberry and my parents house, although in a neighborhood, had plenty of land behind it to go back and shoot and pretty much do whatever I want. I was wondering if anyone on this forum was on a lot of property or lived near woods that are open for shooting.

I have been looking into some sportsman clubs in the area, but they are so strict and pretty limited. If I lived closer to PMSC, I would definitely join there.

If anyone does have some space to shoot, please let me know. I am very clean, safe, and even willing to pay a small fee to "Rent" the space for shooting. Thanks

(Washington County)

Default Re: Anyone with land to shoot on?

I know this is an old post, but didn't see anyone replying.

"but they are so strict and pretty limited"

How so? I'm lucky enough to own some land for long range shooting, but I also use the public range outside of Claysville. If you go during the weekday, it's rarely used in the summer allowing more freedom then weekends. Just make sure to either have a hunting license or a range permit.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Thanks for the response WCGS.

From what I have researched, there are many places around me to shoot that are sportsmen's clubs. I went to one that has a Thursday "open house" near me but they weren't taking new members until the new year.

Regardless I see lots of restrictions such as capacity, rapid fire, holster play, shooting on the move, and limitations on how far out the shooting lanes reach (most 100 yards). I would also like to shoot some fun targets from time to time and I've seen restrictions on the targets you can use.

I'd also like to just have a place where I would not be interrupted and could take my time shooting. I have an AR that I bought new BUIS as well as a new scope. I would like to spend awhile getting both calibrated and zeroed in.

I have been asking around and may be on to a place in Washington County. We will see though. I will look into the range outside of Claysville. Thanks again for the recommendation.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Small View Post
    I would also like to shoot some fun targets from time to time and I've seen restrictions on the targets you can use.
    Fun targets?
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Fun targets as in different types of food (watermelon, pumpkins, etc), cans, soda bottles, maybe some steel targets that I bring. Who knows maybe even the neighbors cats. Kidding. Some sportsman clubs I looked into had restrictions on the types of targets you could use as well. Not a huge deal but would be nice to change it up.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Small View Post
    Fun targets as in different types of food (watermelon, pumpkins, etc), cans, soda bottles, maybe some steel targets that I bring. Who knows maybe even the neighbors cats. Kidding. Some sportsman clubs I looked into had restrictions on the types of targets you could use as well. Not a huge deal but would be nice to change it up.

What club did you visit that had open house on Thursdays?

(Washington County)