Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question Are crossbow hunters in PA frowned upon by compound bow hunters?

Here in NY, it was once legal to hunt using crossbows, but that law expired and it's now illegal to hunt with crossbows. I've also heard that traditional bow hunters did not look favorably upon crossbow hunters because they are under the impression that crossbows make it "too easy" to aim and target a game animal thus taking the "sport" out of the hunt. What's the general opinion and scoop on this from those of you who hunt with bows?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Are crossbow hunters in PA frowned upon by compound bow hunters?

I can't speak for everybody but around here our attitude is kill deer, eat deer, yum. I just don't want to see a deer pin cushion, but you can do that with anything if you don't know anatomy or your wepon or you skill. Happy eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I can't speak for everybody but around here our attitude is kill deer, eat deer, yum. I just don't want to see a deer pin cushion, but you can do that with anything if you don't know anatomy or your wepon or you skill. Happy eats.
    Works for me. I've had deer meat in a goulash type of stew with potatoes and vegetables mixed in. Was absolutely delicious.

(Perry County)

There was animosity from some vertical bow hunter toward making crossbows legal for all. Of course, some recurve hunters had animosity toward those "too easy to hold draw" compound bows. Then there were the long bow hunters that felt recurves made it too easy due to the increased speed. I'm sure spear hunters think the long bow is for pussies.

And on it goes.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

To some it up absolutely I've heard it in many stores that crossbow hunting isn't bow hunting!!!!!!

Its BS though in my opinion.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    There was animosity from some vertical bow hunter toward making crossbows legal for all. Of course, some recurve hunters had animosity toward those "too easy to hold draw" compound bows. Then there were the long bow hunters that felt recurves made it too easy due to the increased speed. I'm sure spear hunters think the long bow is for pussies.

And on it goes.
    Back in my day we used to sneak up on deer and bash them in the head with a rock. Kids these days have it too easy

III% - Stand and be counted

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Back in my day we used to sneak up on deer and bash them in the head with a rock. Kids these days have it too easy

You guys were wimps. We'd choke them out and then field dress them while the heart was still beating.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Now that's funny right there that is.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by flabbydan View Post
    You guys were wimps. We'd choke them out and then field dress them while the heart was still beating.
    Choke them out? Amateur. If you're a real man you zombie their ass.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Choke them out? Amateur. If you're a real man you zombie their ass.
    Luxury! In my day we'd have to make direct eye contact to hypnotize them and convince them to commit suicide by running across the road in front of a speeding car.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast