Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Candidate for Schuylkill County Sheriff: Mark Kessler

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Candidate for Schuylkill County Sheriff: Mark Kessler

My assumption is he'd have no problem signing form 4 for people if elected. Unfortunately, I neither have the expendable income to start collecting Class III firearms nor do I live in Schuylkill County.

I do question his use of taxpayer dollars in order to obtain Class III firearms for his own use. The guns from his video were purchased by Gilberton ostensibly for its police force. A force of one...only Kessler. I think he used this little loophole just so he could have a little culm bank fun at the expense of the local tax payer. He basically set up a quasi-trust for his firearms without even having to pay for them. I wonder if any of the multiple firearms purchased were ever actually used in his official capacity as a LEO.

There's just something I don't like about this guy being the face of our cause. Unfortunately, the media loves latching on to the nut jobs among us casting the majority of responsible gun owners in a bad light. It is a typical fallacy of composition that those outside of the firearm community just lap up when forming their opinions of gun owners.

(Chester County)

Already being discussed here: http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/23...g-sheriff.html

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    My assumption is he'd have no problem signing form 4 for people if elected. Unfortunately, I neither have the expendable income to start collecting Class III firearms nor do I live in Schuylkill County.

I do question his use of taxpayer dollars in order to obtain Class III firearms for his own use. The guns from his video were purchased by Gilberton ostensibly for its police force. A force of one...only Kessler. I think he used this little loophole just so he could have a little culm bank fun at the expense of the local tax payer. He basically set up a quasi-trust for his firearms without even having to pay for them. I wonder if any of the multiple firearms purchased were ever actually used in his official capacity as a LEO.
    Pretty sure, from everything I've read, that those taxpayers dollars he used to purchase the firearms came directly from himself.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    Pretty sure, from everything I've read, that those taxpayers dollars he used to purchase the firearms came directly from himself.
    Even if the "tax dollars" spent of the firearms were replaced by "donations" to Gilberton, I still have a problem with a LEO using this loophole for what basically amounts to a personal collection.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    To be honest, I don't go to the lounge. And this certainly seems like a PA political discussion to me. Maybe it should be moved here?

My 2¢

(Mercer County)

With all of his little videos, I don't think he needs to worry about getting elected as sheriff.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Berks County)

If i lived in Schuylkill County I'd vote for him. I do believe he goes a little overboard with his videos, but we need MORE elected officials that truly believe in the constitution.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Even if the "tax dollars" spent of the firearms were replaced by "donations" to Gilberton, I still have a problem with a LEO using this loophole for what basically amounts to a personal collection.
    By "loophole," you mean people should not be allowed to possess these firearms unless it is LEO for official purposes?

I think everybody out there should be able to own them at an off the rack price, not this bullshit market of the federal government's making.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    By "loophole," you mean people should not be allowed to possess these firearms unless it is LEO for official purposes?

I think everybody out there should be able to own them at an off the rack price, not this bullshit market of the federal government's making.
    You obviously did not read my original post (#2) or the response to it (#3). I'm guessing you only saw the post you quoted (#4). For if you read the thread of posts, you'd know my contextual use of the term "loophole" has nothing to do with a belief in denying Class III firearms to private citizens.

(Bucks County)

I'm trying to reconcile the above statement with what appeared in the newspaper...that Kessler purchased the firearms at his own expense and that they reside in Gilberton PD armory. In fact, and ironically, Gilberton council gave him 30 days suspension for improper use of town property...their guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast