Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default ruger sr40c problems

brought my brand new sr40c, home,cleaned it, loaded the mags and right off the bat had problem with mags not seating then finally get them to seat,racked the slide and it jammed.tried this repeatidly till there was only 4 rounds in the mag (each mag,same problem) then it finally fed into the chamber,never been fired mind you.im calling ruger tomorrow but any suggestions before then ?

(Chester County)

Default Re: ruger sr40c problems

I've heard some rumblings about Ruger needing to replace some mag disconnects in the past that caused a problem like this. Also there was an issue with trigger reset upon firing... you could try removing the magazine disconnect (it's an unnecessary safety feature anyway, in my opinion) and see if that fixes the issue. If it does and you still want the magazine safety, at least you know which part to have Ruger replace.
    The Army was the biggest mistake I've ever been proud to make.

Axell,

Before you remove the Magazine Disconnect - Call Ruger and let them fix it. I do believe removing/altering anything on the gun, Voids the Factory Warranty.

It's New, Let them fix it.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    Before you remove the Magazine Disconnect - Call Ruger and let them fix it. I do believe removing/altering anything on the gun, Voids the Factory Warranty.
    This isn't true. The magazine disconnect is designed to be an optional part that is easily removed by the user. Ruger expects them to be removed or added as the gun owner sees fit.
    The Army was the biggest mistake I've ever been proud to make.

I'm in the process of obtaining my NYS pistol permit and want to get the Ruger SR40c pistol, since it will accept the same .40 caliber mags from the Ruger PC4 carbine I already own. Is it a good buy, as I was told by my FFL that it's a good buy and got nothing but good feedback from everyone? I don't know what magazine issues you folks are having with it, but the people I've spoken to have not experienced such issues before.

(York County)

Russky,

I own and carry the SR40c. I have about 800 rds through it with only 2 jams. They both were caused by Tula Brass ammo. I removed the ammo from the mag and never had another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowell72 View Post
    Russky,

I own and carry the SR40c. I have about 800 rds through it with only 2 jams. They both were caused by Tula Brass ammo. I removed the ammo from the mag and never had another issue.
    I don't use Tula...I stick with .40 S&W rounds from Federal or Winchester in my Ruger PC4 carbine and never have issues. I buy my ammo online from Luckygunner.com in 1000 round bulk packages and never have issues with misfires or delayed primer ignitions.

(Lancaster County)

My SR9C (the 9mm version of your gun...) has been flawless for me. It sounds like you've got an issue. Call Ruger and have them handle the issue. They will be more than willing to make sure your gun is right and reliable for you.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RusskyDudesky View Post
    I don't use Tula...I stick with .40 S&W rounds from Federal or Winchester in my Ruger PC4 carbine and never have issues. I buy my ammo online from Luckygunner.com in 1000 round bulk packages and never have issues with misfires or delayed primer ignitions.
    I didn't want to dip into my stash, so I picked up what I could find... Learned my lesson. My ARs, AK and SKS never had any issues with Tula, so I thought I'd give it a try.

(Monroe County)

Sorry to hear this. I own two SR's . My wife and I both carry and both guns have 1000 rounds through each with no problems. Ruger will fix it. I love the gun and would recomend it to anyone.
    .”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance" George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast