Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Dormont-Mt. Lebanon Sportsman Club

I shot Bullseye at Library in the early 90's. The pistol team spent a couple hundred hours rehabbing the indoor pistol range. Still, if you're not involved in shot-gunning you're treated like a second class citizen.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dormont-Mt. Lebanon Sportsman Club

Quote Originally Posted by dirksterg30 View Post
    I have a friend who joined there; he said during the orientation a number of members went out of their way to emphasize they are not into "tactical" shooting, but rather marksmanship (I thought marksmanship was important for defensive shooting as well)...
    I joined about a year ago, and got a very similar shpeel. The guy running the indoor-range orientation kept saying the exact same thing "we are not a tactical club" over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I shot Bullseye at Library in the early 90's. The pistol team spent a couple hundred hours rehabbing the indoor pistol range. Still, if you're not involved in shot-gunning you're treated like a second class citizen.
    The indoor range is quite nice these days. But you're absolutely correct, if you don't shoot skeet/trap, I get the impression they could care less about you. You can only load five into a pistol, and one into a rifle, all in the name of 'safety'. But go up to shoot clays, and fill as many into the tube of your shotgun as it'll hold. Yep, makes lots of sense to me...

Only reason I keep my membership is, well, it's literally 5 minutes from my house. Made it real easy to get home from work last night, eat dinner, go shoot 50 rounds at the pistol range, and still be home in time to catch the Steeler game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12