Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Desert Eagle .50AE

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I guess I'd have to read more of his stuff to get a feel for his sense of humor, but on the surface to say revolvers, 1911's and Glocks are the worst guns ever just makes him seem like a tool.
    I think it said Gen 4 Glocks, which is fairly irrelevant since they are hardly a bad gun. Some teething issues, yes, but that has to be squared away by now.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    I've used the deagle quite a bit at to pwn noobs in modern warfare. Based off of that, I'd say it's the best handgun ever.
    Basing my decision off of this reply alone^^^^
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Sure you can have a Desert Eagle sitting around and only shoot it once a year, but what fun is that?

Personally if I were ever to buy such a useless gun ( nothing personal, but it's true) I'd buy it in .357 or .44. Then at least I might be able to find ammo locally and reloading for those calibers is a timeless tradition.
    Maybe you can only shoot it once a year, but you can play with it whenever you want!

Get the 50AE, later you can buy a 44 barrel and still be able to use the same bolt. Not so with a 357

Also, the 50AE makes better fireballs, is louder, gives shooters next to you concussions, and makes steel plates dance like crazy. Those are all positives when deciding to buy a firearm, right?

(Lehigh County)

I bought one of the "originals" some 25 years ago in .357 - its funn as hell, but expensive to shoot (especially if you can find ammo nowadays).

Its extremely impractical to carry, heavy, although it makes an excellent club when its empty

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    Maybe you can only shoot it once a year, but you can play with it whenever you want!

Get the 50AE, later you can buy a 44 barrel and still be able to use the same bolt. Not so with a 357

Also, the 50AE makes better fireballs, is louder, gives shooters next to you concussions, and makes steel plates dance like crazy. Those are all positives when deciding to buy a firearm, right?
    YES,YES, and YES. Good points!!!!!!!
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Cambria County)

I agree that it is a novelty item. I had one and it was impractical, expensive, annoying to maintain and had too many malfunctions. That being said, it was f-ing cool!

.50 go big or go home.

If you would be willing to spend the same kind of money on a vase, painting, toy or some other novelty, then go ahead and get the DE.50... If you are looking to justify spending moneyyou don't have, the DE might be a bad idea. Good luck, either way!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    YES,YES, and YES. Good points!!!!!!!
    If those were good points to you, then you owe it to yourself to get one. You only live once, and they aren't beyond using for personal protection...just be sure to do a few dumbbell curls and lateral raises once in a while. Remember, too, that the thing will get you some dirty looks from time to time, especially from boyfriends and husbands out shooting with their wives and girlfriends. The percussion off of the 50 AE is substantial.

They are great conversation starters though, I let a guy and his two sons shoot mine around christmas time last year they seemed realy excited to shoot it. If you get one, "share the wealth" you just may make shooting more fun for someone else

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    They are great conversation starters though, I let a guy and his two sons shoot mine around christmas time last year they seemed realy excited to shoot it. If you get one, "share the wealth" you just may make shooting more fun for someone else
    Hahaha........if he is sharing it, he has some wealth to share. I'm not going to lie, I beat on DE a little only because I've seen people buy them and be disappointed and have to resell them at a loss...mostly because they can't afford to have that kind of coin tied up in one, but if I hit Donald's Trump lotto, I'm getting a matching pair, less the redneck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJb2ChWCaLM

Gallagher should have used one instead of the sledge o matic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR8sXWSlMyU

well I lucked out and got mine for $700 some guys tie that much up in a "custom" glock, xd or whatever

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast