Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec SUB-2000 questions... Or: My stimulus cheque arrived!

Update:

So yes, there is a severe lack of availability of the SUB-2000 in my part of PA. I'm putting out an APB for a Glock mag 9mm SUB-2000 anywhere within 50 miles or so of Lebanon. If your local FFL has one in stock, and you're not interested in buying it first (you should think about it!) I'd love to hear from you! I'm not really interested in pulling one off the intarwebs (gunbroker auctionarms etc...) Too much hassle and too much of a paper-trail...

Thank you all for all the help you have provided and all future help too!

--Josh / NoPegs

Also, any thoughts on these? http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.html They look interesting!

(Pike County)

Will keep an eye out for you!

(Northumberland County)

Bought a 9mm version years ago... Glock mags. Love it. I put the stock extender on it, equip rail on the fore-end and the extra mag dealy under the stock. GREAT little gun. Accurate, no felt recoil (like the AR 15, the bolt is in line with the barrel, bullet goes forward, bolt comes back, they cancel each other's momentum nearly to zero.

In fact, when I have my pennies saved up, I plan on buying a G17 someitme this summer/fall to marry with it. Perfect pair... same caliber, one pistol (good out to 25 yards at least) and the other a 16 inch barreled rifle, accurate out to 100 yards with a silohoutte target. Great combo IMO.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by NoPegs View Post
    Update:

So yes, there is a severe lack of availability of the SUB-2000 in my part of PA. I'm putting out an APB for a Glock mag 9mm SUB-2000 anywhere within 50 miles or so of Lebanon. If your local FFL has one in stock, and you're not interested in buying it first (you should think about it!) I'd love to hear from you! I'm not really interested in pulling one off the intarwebs (gunbroker auctionarms etc...) Too much hassle and too much of a paper-trail...

Thank you all for all the help you have provided and all future help too!

--Josh / NoPegs

Also, any thoughts on these? http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.html They look interesting!
    Shydas had one in stock and sold it a while back. They told me they can easily get one if interested. It used the glock mags.

Also I hear from friends at Jonestown fish and game that your 33 capacity glock mag works better then you told me @ Palmyra sportsman last weekend. I was the guy with the custom 10/22.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckslayer View Post
    Shydas had one in stock and sold it a while back. They told me they can easily get one if interested. It used the glock mags.

Also I hear from friends at Jonestown fish and game that your 33 capacity glock mag works better then you told me @ Palmyra sportsman last weekend. I was the guy with the custom 10/22.
    I was at Shydas earlier today, they wouldn't even give me a price till they had a chance to talk with the distributor, they said it could be a while.

And only one of the 33 round mags works well, the other still hiccups. I took it home and stripped it down and scrubbed it out, we'll see how it works soon.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by NoPegs View Post
    I was at Shydas earlier today, they wouldn't even give me a price till they had a chance to talk with the distributor, they said it could be a while.

And only one of the 33 round mags works well, the other still hiccups. I took it home and stripped it down and scrubbed it out, we'll see how it works soon.
    Shydas has a few knuckle heads working there. I would call and ask when they can have one in again if you are serious. Also Glenn's carry kel tec. I am sure he can get one for you.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

(Delaware County)

me and my dad both ahve 9mm glock versions. they are sooo fun to shoot. since i have like 20 or more glock clips, it is great, all of my 17 rd mags and my 33 rd mags feed fine. I added the extended butt plate, a grip sleve, and a picitiny rail with a flashlight.

(Lackawanna County)

I have one that takes glock 9mm mags and its one of my fav guns. I also have a g26 so the combo works great together.. mags, except for the stock g26 mags, all work together and they share the same caliber.

during the first 2-300 rounds you may get some fte's but after that it should break in real nice. Also make sure to shoulder the weapon properly and no limp wristing. Its easy to clean, easy to transport, fun to shoot, cheap to shoot, has a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA. Yes I am very happy w/ mine

I have the Glock 40.....great weapon, no misfires to date after about 500 rounds from 4 different ammo manufacturers. Fun to shoot, a little weird to shoulder but....found it more fun to just use the rounds to walk into your target.

Haven't tried aluminum ammo but, since Kel-Tec states not to use it, don't see a reason to try. Why look for trouble?

If you want something that impresses.....this is it.

No complaints other then I wish I could find some 40S&W at prices from
    10-15 years ago.

Got it form Gunbroker.com. No one in my area had one in stock.

It depends on what you want to use it for. The SUB-2000 is considered a rifle, so not legal to transport loaded. The PLR is a handgun.

I have shot both the PLR and the SUB-2000. I like them both. The SUB was a 9MM, Glock mags. The SUB is less expensive to shoot. The PLR takes AR magazines.

I would have a tough time deciding which one to purchase.

Rick
    Last edited by RLS; July 5th, 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast