Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 2013 Tyler Park Deer Hunt

Has anyone heard anything on this hunt? I have never been involved but would like to enter the lottery this year. Any idea about when they start taking applications or whatever?

I tried searching the web but only got hits on 2012 and previous hunts. Last years was on Dec. 5

(Montour County)

Default Re: 2013 Tyler Park Deer Hunt

I have been looking up the same info and couldn't find anything. I eventually looked in the hunting digest and it is under the Special Regulations section.

It seems to be open for more than just one day. It appears to be open for most of the seasons actually

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 2013 Tyler Park Deer Hunt

I just scanned the entire Digest for info on this. IIRC the information on the one-day hunt was listed in last years' Digest, and is not now.

Under the Special Regulations section it specifically mentions Ridley Creek and Tyler state parks:Manual or semi-automatic shotguns 20-gauge or larger using buckshot, bows and arrows and crossbows.

Remaining Counties: (Includes all of Bucks county) Muzzleloading long guns .44 caliber and larger, manual or semi-automatic shotguns .410 or larger using slugs, 20-gauge or larger using buckshot, bows and arrows and crossbows. Crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 125 pounds.

My Summary:

Buckshot can be used anywhere in Bucks county (20-gauge or larger)

Slugs can be used in Bucks in any shotgun .410 or larger EXCEPT in Tyler park.

From Tyler State Park Website:

10/7/2013 9:03:00 AM
    TYLER STATE PARK WILL BE CLOSED ON DECEMBER 4, 2013. Due to the natural resource impacts and increased numbers of white-tailed deer in Tyler State Park and in an effort to reduce problems created by this condition, a regulated deer hunt will be conducted on December 4, 2013 for antlered and antlerless deer. To ensure the safety of all park visitors, Tyler State Park will be CLOSED on this date to all activities. If you are a regular user of this area, please excuse this temporary inconvenience. These restrictive measures are being taken for YOUR protection.