Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Red face I got 'Made' today

I have been carrying my full-size 1911 daily for about 6 months IWB in a super tuck clone. I keep my shirt tucked over it at work but otherwise generally keep it in the open. I have responded on a number of threads that I don't print, and I defy you to see it when I'm concealing it. Other than one person who knows I have it (and doesn't care), I haven't even detected a sideways glance in 6 months. Until today.

I had to visit another department today where another 'gun guy' works. We have briefly chatted about guns in the past, but not about carry. He was the one I actually needed to see today, and I wasn't half way through my first sentence when he looked pointedly at my hip and asked what the extra clip was for. I said it was for my backup knife, which seemed to satisfy him as a reasonable answer - whether he actually *believed* it or not I'm not sure, but I'm not concerned about him 'outing' me to anyone else.

Six months, one notice - I'm pretty sure I will be OK when I travel to concealed-only environments in the future.

What do y'all think?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: I got 'Made' today

Were you wearing 5.11 pants?

I make you guys all the time.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

I'm not quite sure if you were or not; sounds to me like the guy remembered you and your conversation with him, and assumed correctly that you were carrying. Maybe he caught sight of a rectangular "bulge" and confirmed his assumption...? Either way, wouldn't matter much would it? No women and/or children were harmed/ terrified/ soiled their undies. Carry on, carry on... Nothing to see here... 😁

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Were you wearing 5.11 pants?
    No, actually. Duluth Trading Co. Firehose 5-pocket Jeans in chocolate brown. Honestly, I don't think 5.11 makes much in my size but I prefer to dress a little less tacti-cool anyway - other than, you know, the 1911 on my hip...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    Either way, wouldn't matter much would it? No women and/or children were harmed/ terrified/ soiled their undies. Carry on, carry on... Nothing to see here...
    My place of employment has an indoor gun range, for reasons I prefer not to discuss. The employee manual prohibits 'unauthorized firearms'. Given that the person in charge of the range has discussed the idea of me using the range at lunch time (with supervision), and I hold a valid LTCF, and this is the U.S. of freakin' A., I would say mine is authorized - but I have no desire to be the test case. I'm not concerned with the occasional individual being aware, but I'd prefer to avoid it with those further up the 'corporate ladder', if you get my meaning.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    My place of employment has an indoor gun range, for reasons I prefer not to discuss. The employee manual prohibits 'unauthorized firearms'. Given that the person in charge of the range has discussed the idea of me using the range at lunch time (with supervision), and I hold a valid LTCF, and this is the U.S. of freakin' A., I would say mine is authorized - but I have no desire to be the test case. I'm not concerned with the occasional individual being aware, but I'd prefer to avoid it with those further up the 'corporate ladder', if you get my meaning.
    That post kinda filled in some blanks for me. I was wondering if there was any reason to worry about him telling higher ups. I guess you can make that call.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I have been carrying my full-size 1911 daily for about 6 months IWB in a super tuck clone. I keep my shirt tucked over it at work but otherwise generally keep it in the open. I have responded on a number of threads that I don't print, and I defy you to see it when I'm concealing it. Other than one person who knows I have it (and doesn't care), I haven't even detected a sideways glance in 6 months. Until today.

I had to visit another department today where another 'gun guy' works. We have briefly chatted about guns in the past, but not about carry. He was the one I actually needed to see today, and I wasn't half way through my first sentence when he looked pointedly at my hip and asked what the extra clip was for. I said it was for my backup knife, which seemed to satisfy him as a reasonable answer - whether he actually *believed* it or not I'm not sure, but I'm not concerned about him 'outing' me to anyone else.

Six months, one notice - I'm pretty sure I will be OK when I travel to concealed-only environments in the future.

What do y'all think?
    14-hours-old post and I'm the first to mention the use of an incorrect term for magazine?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm armed View Post
    14-hours-old post and I'm the first to mention the use of an incorrect term for magazine?
    I believe by clip he was referring to the IWB holster clip over his belt, since there would be 2, not an extra magazine. But I could be wrong...

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm armed View Post
    Perhaps we've started to grow up and not be so nit-picky.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I believe by clip he was referring to the IWB holster clip over his belt, since there would be 2, not an extra magazine. But I could be wrong...
    I re-read the post and I think you're right. Sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast