Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Walking Dead Season 4 is Coming Soon

Are you ready?

MikeP

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Walking Dead Season 4 is Coming Soon

You're missing a supressor in that zombie appocalipse assortment. Zombies will be all over you rookie.

Seriously I can't believe how much I have got into this show. Can't wait for season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You're missing a supressor in that zombie appocalipse assortment. Zombies will be all over you rookie.

Seriously I can't believe how much I have got into this show. Can't wait for season 4.
    And a crossbow

(Lehigh County)

I can't wait...... the show is intense! I have the same machete in my arsenal.

(Lackawanna County)

World War Z by Max Brooks is an excellent read. Note I said book. Its movie, while a decent action flick, was not that great.

I love The Walking Dead, but it pales in comparison to this book. TWD molly coddles the breakdown in society that would come from a zombie apocolypes. For visual effect, it focuses on confrontations with the undead.

If the zombies were to ever rise, they would be the least of society's problems. Food, shelter, and competition with the living for limited resources would be much larger issues.

Additionally, this book deals with zombie issues TWD take for granted such as the change of seasons. Being dead, zombies no longer have body temperature regulation...they'd freeze during the winter. So, the spring thaw is a dangerous time. Bodies of water are another particularly interesting topic. Zombies are already dead, so they don't drown. Since they're dead, they eat, but don't digest. Where do all the eaten brains go? In TWD, medicine and food are always a "ride into the nearest town" away. Not so in WWZ. Dealing with the mass migrations of people to resources bring far more dangers than the actual zombies.

Some may think being too cerebral about a zombie apocolypes is oxymoronic. However, such thinking may get you out of a bind in a more likely scenario.

As for TWD, I miss Shane. When it comes to actual survival during a breakdown of society, Rick is just too nice to believe he would really last this long muchless survive as the defacto leader. But, then again, it's a zombie show...my suspension of disbelief had to take over when I decided to follow the show.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
    And a crossbow
    Like a good fart...silent but deadly!!

(Lehigh County)

If ever the dead were to rise, you hit the nail on the head with your statement. I think it was Land of the dead that the zombies crossed the river when they figured they couldn't drown. Humans are far more dangerous to our very own survival than any zombie ever could be. Heck, we attempt our very destruction on a daily basis with wars, religion, ethnic cleansing and whatever else we use to draw a difference with someone else.

I work Sun-Thurs. During the year Sundays are pretty busy for me and the work days long... except during TWD. I don't care what's going on, I ensure I'm home in time to have a cold beer and watching the show

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    World War Z by Max Brooks is an excellent read. Note I said book. Its movie, while a decent action flick, was not that great.

I love The Walking Dead, but it pales in comparison to this book. TWD molly coddles the breakdown in society that would come from a zombie apocolypes. For visual effect, it focuses on confrontations with the undead.

If the zombies were to ever rise, they would be the least of society's problems. Food, shelter, and competition with the living for limited resources would be much larger issues.

Additionally, this book deals with zombie issues TWD take for granted such as the change of seasons. Being dead, zombies no longer have body temperature regulation...they'd freeze during the winter. So, the spring thaw is a dangerous time. Bodies of water are another particularly interesting topic. Zombies are already dead, so they don't drown. Since they're dead, they eat, but don't digest. Where do all the eaten brains go? In TWD, medicine and food are always a "ride into the nearest town" away. Not so in WWZ. Dealing with the mass migrations of people to resources bring far more dangers than the actual zombies.

Some may think being too cerebral about a zombie apocolypes is oxymoronic. However, such thinking may get you out of a bind in a more likely scenario.

As for TWD, I miss Shane. When it comes to actual survival during a breakdown of society, Rick is just too nice to believe he would really last this long muchless survive as the defacto leader. But, then again, it's a zombie show...my suspension of disbelief had to take over when I decided to follow the show.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

(Lehigh County)

Honestly I got hooked into this show and can't wait.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MirandasPits View Post
    If ever the dead were to rise, you hit the nail on the head with your statement. I think it was Land of the dead that the zombies crossed the river when they figured they couldn't drown. Humans are far more dangerous to our very own survival than any zombie ever could be. Heck, we attempt our very destruction on a daily basis with wars, religion, ethnic cleansing and whatever else we use to draw a difference with someone else.

I work Sun-Thurs. During the year Sundays are pretty busy for me and the work days long... except during TWD. I don't care what's going on, I ensure I'm home in time to have a cold beer and watching the show
    If people got along guns probably would not exist.

(Mercer County)

Whatever will we do now that valorius isn't around to comment on how ugly the black girl is and how his "harem" is better

As stupid as it is, I like the show.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast