Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Default Re: Wild hog hunting in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    Where are you hunting in Florida? I have been thinking about going there for a hunt.
    Cecil Webb Gamelands in Port Charlotte Florida I will be using a guide with a dune bog buggy at least thats what I call those vehicles,lol.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    TIOGA BLACK BOAR PRESERVE Back in the 1980s handgun hunted a 275 boar with a S&W 686,6 inch 357 magnum revolver one shot thru the heart at 60 yards the SOB ran at me while I scrambled up the closets tree,the boar slashed at the trunk and finally succumbed to the 158 jacketed lead nose projectile.Total cost was $ 375 boar quartered,head mount and a night in the cabins with breakfast.Dont know if they are still in business.My next boar hunt scheduled for March 15 in Florida at a bit more cost expected to be around $ 1,500 .
    Yep they are still there.. I have a friend who works part time there as a guide Not going to be $375 for a boar and a cabin anymore.. but most of their prices are very reasonable
    https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Yep they are still there.. I have a friend who works part time there as a guide Not going to be $375 for a boar and a cabin anymore.. but most of their prices are very reasonable
    https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com
    I have nothing but good things to say about this hunting experience from the arrival greeting to the bunk rooms with my buddies and the breakfast to the hunt which was exhilarating .Dont let anyone say it is a turkey shoot it is not almost got torn up by my boar thank GOD the tree was close by.andd the evening dinner boar and venison and leaving next day a great breakfast ! Highly recommend them !

I wouldn't call using a 22 lr as hunting with a semi auto rifle . Now hunting wild boar with a 308 ar10 where you can kill 3 ,4 or more when you bait in and call in a large group is hunting with a semi auto rifle. .. And for the guy going to Florida is that a guided hunt? And is the excluding lodging? We went to north Carolina for around 500 a person . But I had an in for the use of a private land lease to use.

QUOTE=Lilloon;3942538]You better read your rules and regulations. You’re wrong.
    Semi’s are legal. Just not for large game like deer, elk,bear, etc.
    https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Law/...egulations.pdf[/QUOTE]

(Westmoreland County)

I went to Stonebridge hunting ranch last April with some guys from work, rented the lodge for a night, good times! I thought the prices were reasonable. Bobby is a great guy and took care of everything, I recommend them.

http://www.stonebridgehuntingranch.com/

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Cecil Webb Gamelands in Port Charlotte Florida I will be using a guide with a dune bog buggy at least thats what I call those vehicles,lol.
    As stated,I will be using a guide !,As for accomodations my Florida home is 1/5 hour away,thats one reason that there are quite a few hogs in Cecil Webb.My cost for guide and butchering ,Is FREE ! I let the guide use my Mako 22 ft center console a few times thru the year,he maintains the vessel and it all works out at our next BBQ !I will be hunting with a browning medallion 7mm-08 !and open carrying a side arm ,legal while hunting .

Hunt was a bust in Florida mostly cause Guide was busted for marj jane possession a few days before and I was not bailing him out.I did get in some good fishing and red tide is nowhere to be found so far this year Thank You GOD ,Caught sheepshead,flounder,sharks small variety,sea trout and went diving needing my wetsuit water is very clear.that is all. Oh yeah temps were 80 -85 degrees,lol.

(Lehigh County)

Sorry to hear your guide got pinched, but at least he was not in your Mako with a bale when it happened...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    We have lot's of wild hogs in Bedford County. Russian Boar with mean teef. You can use a bazooka on them if you have one. 8 killed this year near my home. One had no ear tag and went 275 lbs.

You wanna kill one? Contact me.
    I would love to come hunt a hog or 2 . I am in York County . Can you please let me know a weekend when it would be ok . Thank you

(Allegheny County)

Hello. I am looking to head to Bedford county find some boar. I don’t need a exact location but a area, like a certain state forest or game land would be appreciated.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast