Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Wild hog hunting in PA?

Ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by blackhogdown View Post
    Hey there fellas I've been relocated from South Fla. and brought a few of my hog dogs with me . I've been looking for some good info on where exactly these hogs are located . My dogs are livestock broke which meens they will trail hogs right through cows and horses and will physically catch them so you can kill them with a pocket knife . If theres any takers with info please contact me .....
    at blackhogdown@verizon.net (have pics to prove it )
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Montgomery County)

wild pigs in my opinion taste better..... it's kinda like well if you you like deer meat for it wild taste you'll love hog meat...I've had some hog meat that does taste kinda rank but it was a 300 # boar hog but you take a 300# bar hog ( thats a hog that has been bared meaning no nuts ) and you'll hunt hogs for the rest of your life trust me I like deer just like the rest of you even my wife preffers hog meat over deer meat... it's really how you cook it

(Luzerne County)

As Blackhog said Wild Boar meat is quite good (at least the stuff I had). To me, it's somewhat of a cross between beef and pork dark meat but not as "gamy" as venison is when compared to beef. Does that make sense? Others that had it (same boar) likened it to "sewage" so go figure.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

The hogs in bedford isn't the "shooting fish in a barrel" some thought it was going to be. How old can the tracks be and the dog still pick it up??
    I can show you where I have cut tracks and a farm that had them on it for a short time , but that guy is a prick and won't be any help .... but it shows you a location
    also 2 other farms where they have been in the past. I got an area that I have I like to look but keep in mind there is a pile of ground "most open to public" where these come and go.
    Alot of the guys killing them are doing so by shooting them as "targets of opportunity" , meaning they live there , they seen one , they grabbed their gun.
    Also during beer and deer seasons they get shot as guys stumble upon one. They also sometimes drive large sections off with a good size party and take one.
    I need to stop down there in the near future if ya want me to show you what I know , only willing to show you cause , well I want in. Also there is still alot of road hog hunters around .... they drive around looking into folks farms and land as if they goin just start slinging lead on anyones property. You will not want to come off like that down there , folks tired of that shit by now.

(Jefferson County)

I overheard at lunch today that near some town that starts with the letter "B" in the northern part of Cambria Co has been having pig problems in the farmlands. I'll try to find out more as soon as I can and report back to you guys.

I'm hoping to schedule a Thursday evening hunt next spring near the end of the frosts.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks alot every little bit of info helps , these pigs will travel alot if pressured so its great to have updated info ....

(Chester County)

I just stumbled on this thread and it looks like it's been going on for quite a while. Something interesting I noticed is that one of the original posts gives a link to a hunting preserve that claims it traps and imports wild boar from the south, yet a lot of the comments in the thread say that the boar population is a threat to the indiginous wildlife and the PGC lets you go "hog wild" hunting them with whatever firestick you want. How can someone be bringing them in, while landowners and the PGC want them gone? I imagine PA doesn't have anything about 'gators in their laws, but I bet if someone was bringing them in for private land hunts the state would have something to say about it.

(Montgomery County)

From what I've been told a few trailor loads were brought in to a couple of preserves without proper paper work , ( I used to catch;em and sell hogs to pepole like these people and they would sell them to preserves ) . Anyway they didn't want to haul yhem all the way back South and just dumped them around the corner . Other places hogs just excape there great diggers and very strong in the shoulders they can charge right through week sections in fences...

HEY, what going on guys ? My buddy and I would like a chance a some wild hogs Could anyone point in the right direction anywhere near southern buchanan state forest. OR call us @ 443-404-7409 or E-mail (twobrosmoving@aol.com) THANK YOU for any helpful INFO. THANKS< HOWDY

(Franklin County)

Man, hunting hogs sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be really neat if I could get close enough to use my S&W 629 and go Dirty Harry on a few of them.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast