Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Butler Kid saying hello

New to the forum! Born and raised in Meridian in Butler Township!

Living out near Ross Park Mall now, but make it out to Butler a few times a month.

How's everybody doing!?

(Warren County)

Default Re: Butler Kid saying hello

welcome to the forum, I grew up about 2 hours north of you but do have an ex wife from Butler. Haven't been out that way in a while, but nice area from what I recall.

Nice sunny day on the outskirts of the city of brotherly love (sarcasm).
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    welcome to the forum, I grew up about 2 hours north of you but do have an ex wife from Butler. Haven't been out that way in a while, but nice area from what I recall.

Nice sunny day on the outskirts of the city of brotherly love (sarcasm).
    Thanks buddy! Yeah, it's a nice quiet town with little crime. Pittsburgh is slowly expanding and making everything a little more urban around me, but hopefully that stops real quick, lol.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Doing OK here in Butler County, thanks! The only downside is I don't have a good (non-Fudd) place to shoot nearby. Oh, and I live near that POS Field and Stream store. Other than that, things are good up here in Mayberry.

Ross Park, huh? My first OC was at your Panera. . How do you like the North Hills?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Doing OK here in Butler County, thanks! The only downside is I don't have a good (non-Fudd) place to shoot nearby. Oh, and I live near that POS Field and Stream store. Other than that, things are good up here in Mayberry.

Ross Park, huh? My first OC was at your Panera. . How do you like the North Hills?
    I like it, I live just at the top of North Park, not down in Ross Township, but I love McCandless where I live. Just the right amount of city and suburban living.

Sometimes I wish I had 100 acres so I could just shoot guns all the time, but hey, I'd hate taking care of even 3 acres of that, so we can't always have what we want hahaha

I really like the Cranberry and Wexford areas, may be the next place I move.

Can't beat the traffic, or lack thereof, in the North Hills and above!

So you don't like Field and Stream? Why not? Seems like a nice store to me. Everything is crazy overpriced though. Just got my first pistol (Springfield XDM) and I got it at least $50 cheaper where I got it compared to F&S.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

If you guys are ever interested in going shooting someone hit me with a PM. I bought a range permit for the range in wexford for the state game lands. they re-did the pistol range and its actually not bad now. I live literally 1 mile from the F&S.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelegacy View Post
    I like it, I live just at the top of North Park, not down in Ross Township, but I love McCandless where I live. Just the right amount of city and suburban living.

Sometimes I wish I had 100 acres so I could just shoot guns all the time, but hey, I'd hate taking care of even 3 acres of that, so we can't always have what we want hahaha

I really like the Cranberry and Wexford areas, may be the next place I move.

Can't beat the traffic, or lack thereof, in the North Hills and above!

So you don't like Field and Stream? Why not? Seems like a nice store to me. Everything is crazy overpriced though. Just got my first pistol (Springfield XDM) and I got it at least $50 cheaper where I got it compared to F&S.
    Because Dick's is happy to take your money while they crap on your 2A rights. This will get you started:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/194...ing-semis.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/22...eam-storm.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/228...off-store.html

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    If you guys are ever interested in going shooting someone hit me with a PM. I bought a range permit for the range in wexford for the state game lands. they re-did the pistol range and its actually not bad now. I live literally 1 mile from the F&S.
    Yes, the new pistol range isn't bad. With 2 bays, and separated from the rifle range, now you only need to keep an eye on a few potential idiots instead of 50. Sure, we should get together sometime.

(Beaver County)

Hey Scruff,

or any of you other Cranberrites,

When you want a non fudd day lemme know. We'll head to BVRP in Chippewa. I'm sure I can carve out a range day weekend. Can't make IDPA shoot in Sept but will definitely be there for the last one in OCT. lots of rifle range improvements going on right now. Lots of new drainage added. No more shooting in a swamp.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Hey Scruff,

or any of you other Cranberrites,

When you want a non fudd day lemme know. We'll head to BVRP in Chippewa. I'm sure I can carve out a range day weekend. Can't make IDPA shoot in Sept but will definitely be there for the last one in OCT. lots of rifle range improvements going on right now. Lots of new drainage added. No more shooting in a swamp.
    Thanks, that sounds like fun, although my weekends are going to be busy the next 1-1/2 months. One thing I hope to do is the Patrol Rifle Challenge there.

I do my non-Fudd shooting at PMSC, but I occasionally go to the SGL pistol range because PMSC is a 50-min drive for me. I like grabbing a bay at PMSC so I can shoot multiple targets, different positions, shoot a carbine at personal-defense distances, etc. Does BVRPC have any spaces like that, or is it only pistol at the pistol range, rifle at the rifle range?

(Beaver County)

It has some of that but the place is pretty big. That being said there are "pistol" bays that you can use a rifle at. They have like 4 different pistol ranges all with different rules. Just have to use the appropriate range. But drawing from a holster, multiple targets, full auto, and 50bmg are all good as long as it is done safely.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast