http://store.commandarms.com/products/RONICG2.html

This is still only in the prototyping stage, and apparently won't be available until next year.

Now, I understand that with the currently available RONIs and other similar items the pistol becomes a SBR since it adds a stock and vertical foregrip, and requires reclassification to a SBR and all that fun BATFE paperwork and the tax stamp.

This new kit has a longer barrel should and includes a 16" barrel, which is partially why this kit is taking so long to come to market. They're having trouble sourcing affordable 16" barrels to keep the price point at $499.

Since this kit will include a 16" barrel, it doesn't become a SBR - so no BATFE paperwork and tax stamp. But I am curious as to whether or not I will need to go to a FFL and reclassify the pistol as a rifle, or will it continue to be a pistol despite the 16" barrel, stock and foregrip?

Only reason this interests me is because I have stopped using my Glock 17 as my EDC and was looking into SBRing it and putting a currently available RONI on it. But with the new BATFE proposal about redoing how trusts work, I now have to look at alternative routes - such as a standard RONI and a 16" barrel I could source myself. But this looks much better overall than a standard SBR-style RONI with a 16" barrel sticking out the front.