Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Graphic content in thread titles

I would like to start a motion to keep the lounge simply for conversation pieces, not for posting news pieces, souly for posting the news. I know evil exists in the world 24/7, that doesnt mean I need to be smacked in the face with it. I unfriend people on facebook that pull that kind of crap posting offensive content. And even the thread title is enough, you dont even need to read the article, which I don't. But the damage is already done. For instance, I see now theres a thread that says 'toddler beaten for fun' I don't need to read that crap. I'm tired of animal abuse/shootings, women being raped, etc.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Graphic content in thread titles

In before the "If you don't want to read it then don't click on it" response.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    In before the "If you don't want to read it then don't click on it" response.
    I read your post twice and I still dont understand what you're trying to say. If you're implying that if I dont want the content , then dont read the thread....then I invite you to reread my post and you'll see I covered that by saying that just the title is enough. For instance, hearing that a real life storying happening of a toddler beaing beaten for fun is enough to mess my mood up, I don't know about you. And every time I come on here I'm seeing about someones dog got shot or how someone is getting raped.

Put news in the news section, dont put it in the lounge, thats a place to talk about advice for fixing your car, or where your going for vacation....its not a graphic news bulletin.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    I read your post twice and I still dont understand what you're trying to say. If you're implying that if I dont want the content , then dont read the thread....then I invite you to reread my post and you'll see I covered that by saying that just the title is enough. For instance, hearing that a real life storying happening of a toddler beaing beaten for fun is enough to mess my mood up, I don't know about you. And every time I come on here I'm seeing about someones dog got shot or how someone is getting raped.

Put news in the news section, dont put it in the lounge, thats a place to talk about advice for fixing your car, or where your going for vacation....its not a graphic news bulletin.
    I'm with you. It seems every time I hit the new posts button there's something horrible from the news.

(Montgomery County)

You're telling me you never saw a post that read, "In before the ..."? Come on man!

(Tioga County)

I get what the OP is saying, sometimes it's a bit over the top with seemingly every bit of gore, beating, killing, raping, etc being posted. Along with the infowars conspiracy garbage.

Maybe the odd case here and there of interest to be posted, but I can get all that gore and nonsense elsewhere. My main interest here is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    You're telling me you never saw a post that read, "In before the ..."? Come on man!
    Please type in coherent sentences. I can't understand one thing your saying.

(Beaver County)

Please type in coherent sentences. I can't understand one thing your saying.

in before _______

Used on internet message boards and forums to imply that the poster expects a certain type of post/message to occur later in the particular thread, or that the thread will be locked when a moderator sees it.
    - in before flame war.
    - in before troll.
    - in before noobs.
    - in before locked thread

from Urban Dictionary

I sorta agree with you. I am tired of seeing the threads about horrible crimes. I don't want to read about a toddler getting beaten or women being sexually assaulted, but I don't see an issue with them being posted in the lounge as long as they stay there and the admins and mods are ok with the postings.

So I choose to not read them. (making this post what RXM was predicting )

(Delaware County)

(Delaware County)

They did away with the "News" section here years ago.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast