Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Bucks County Sheriff's Race

This election year Sheriff Donnelly is facing Democrat challenger Dennis McCauley. Has anyone heard anything about his position on firearms, LTCF and the NFA?

Now that the ATF may require CLEO signoff for all Forms I worry the window for NFA in Bucks may close if Donnelly loses the election.

Anyone know anything about Dennis? Any chance of him winning?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Sheriff's Race

Quote Originally Posted by Atsn View Post
    This election year Sheriff Donnelly is facing Democrat challenger Dennis McCauley. Has anyone heard anything about his position on firearms, LTCF and the NFA?

Now that the ATF may require CLEO signoff for all Forms I worry the window for NFA in Bucks may close if Donnelly loses the election.

He's a Democrat, what else do you need to know. He hates you and your guns, No matter what he says
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Can a sheriff legally refuse someone who wants a form 1 signed based on his personal biases? Seems like lawsuit time if they have no grounds to refuse.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    He's a Democrat, what else do you need to know. He hates you and your guns, No matter what he says
    You know any democrats that are pro gun? They all talk a good game just ask Senator Casey Mr. Pro Gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rompus View Post
    Can a sheriff legally refuse someone who wants a form 1 signed based on his personal biases? Seems like lawsuit time if they have no grounds to refuse.
    Where there is a will there's a way including using the character clause if you have too many parking tickets. In addition they can impose more bureaucracy to slow the process, and see what the state AG does about it. We all know the AG's position in legal gun ownership, aka Bloomberg.

Talking Re: Bucks County Sheriff's Race

There's an inside joke among many of my friends who live and work in PA in that they refer to Bucks County as "Schmucks County" because the locals keep electing in schmucks for office given that they themselves are schmucks.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RusskyDudesky View Post
    There's an inside joke among many of my friends who live and work in PA in that they refer to Bucks County as "Schmucks County" because the locals keep electing in schmucks for office given that they themselves are schmucks.
    From a NY'er, the irony is spectacular!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rompus View Post
    It's not an area I've studied, but I'm not aware of a sheriff having any duty to sign such a form. I don't think they need to have any particular "grounds to refuse".

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Where there is a will there's a way including using the character clause if you have too many parking tickets. In addition they can impose more bureaucracy to slow the process, and see what the state AG does about it. We all know the AG's position in legal gun ownership, aka Bloomberg.
    Does the NFA have a character clause? I wonder i you're conflating an NFA CLEO signoff request with an LTCF application. But again, not something I've read much about so maybe Im the one who's confused.
    Last edited by twency; September 13th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

?
    I just checked his website, weak doesn't even begin to describe how useless it is. His "Issues" section is under construction and the entire thing makes no mention of his position on anything.

Duke has my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast