Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool SCCY ! And my disallusioned Neighbor.....

My Friend Tom could not wait for the weekend to go to a LGS and bought this SCCY from a co-worker for $125 ! Hey Bill I got this great deal on a 9mm and looks just like a Kel-Tec !,So out to the range this morning since he already paid for it and did the transfer.He loaded up WWB 9mm and proceeded to rack one in the tube and aimed and pulled the trigger and nothing,This is the gen 2 and does not have a saftey,So I took the gun ejected the round and not even a mark on the primer.Thinking another brand of ammo Champion 9mm,I racked one in and proceeded to shoot first round dead on at 10 yards,Now I was impressed ! Second round,the friggin slide broke loose from the frame after firing and trying to re-load another round from the mag..................Well no injuries but I told him to have a dealer send it back for repairs and then sell it to the dealer with full disclosure.....Oh Yea Tom is paying off the S&W 3913 I sold him.Enough said about SCCY !

(Warren County)

Default Re: SCCY ! And my disallusioned Neighbor.....

lifetime warranty $125 probably not bad I bought one last weekend was more impressed than i expected.

it goes bang every time. Admittedly i didn't shoot as much 9mm as i would have liked to test it but who can these days.

wife is gonna hang onto and carry the used $160 sccy while her $520 xds goes in for recall service.

(Carbon County)

I bought one, not knowing anything about it. Between myself and a couple of friends, we have about 300 rounds through it so far, and haven't had an issue. It's the one that has the thumb safety. I have my XD 40, that I carry, but so far my SCCY hasn't given me trouble.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

Cool Re: SCCY ! And my disallusioned Neighbor.....

I would like to say I was impressed with the fit and finnish on the SCCY gen 2,But when the Gun went bang and slide separated from the frame with WWB 9mm on the first round you sorta get put off and I was truly disappointed.Just a Note My $500 S&W Shield has to go back for a trigger improvement/Upgrade ! I dont see how any Company can let something get by them and ship to customers.At least though I wont be afraid to shoot the Shield.Congrats to all who got a good gun !

Smile Re: SCCY ! And my disallusioned Neighbor.....

Just an up-date to my recent experience.My friend contacted SCCY and explained what happened and sent E-Photos,They responded by sending pre-paid shipping from an FFL,and will return to him a NEW SCCY,with improvements,Got to say this Company stands in front of their guns,or rather behind them,Kudos for SCCY !

The CPX-2 looks like a nice sized pistol.. The price is right. I think I'd like to try one some day.

(Bucks County)

I still like my sccy in spite of some minor issues which SCCY is bending over backwards to fix. A magazine base had too tight of a fit. Within a couple of days of calling them I had a couple of new ones show up in the mail. I had the trigger upgrade done while visiting (gun was working fine) in Florida hoping to get a smoother trigger. Unfortunately the trigger, although much better at first, got worse. Here again I immediately had a new trigger bar in my mail box a couple of days after calling them. Let me say that the pistol has always went bang - even through the break in period using reloads, cheap (dirty) ammo etc. In fact I purposely let it get pretty dirty and it always worked. My new Kimber 1911 failed to go into battery once during break in - a complete clean/oil and never a problem after that though. Sorry to hear about the OPs experience.

Edited - hope to shoot the kimber better than I can spell...
    Last edited by JohnnyRedVet; September 2nd, 2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling

(Lycoming County)

[QUOTE= My new Kimberly 1911 failed to go into battery once during break in - a complete clean/oil and never a problem after that though. Sorry to hear about the OPs experience.[/QUOTE]

Who is this Kimberly that is producing 1911's.

Sorry had to new guy, Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I would like to say I was impressed with the fit and finnish on the SCCY gen 2,But when the Gun went bang and slide separated from the frame with WWB 9mm on the first round you sorta get put off and I was truly disappointed.Just a Note My $500 S&W Shield has to go back for a trigger improvement/Upgrade ! I dont see how any Company can let something get by them and ship to customers.At least though I wont be afraid to shoot the Shield.Congrats to all who got a good gun !
    WWB is kinda known for being junk ammo. Not saying the barrel shouldn't be proofed, but who knows what the real cause was. It could have been missing a part or have been modified in some way.Glad everyone made it with all his or her fingers .

(Clearfield County)

it's weird with SCCY, they really don't build the best quality guns, but they stand behind them so well it's hard to totally dislike them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast