Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: NO GUNS at the Bloomsburg Fair

Quote Originally Posted by rch105 View Post
    Matt, I would say you are correct that a charge could be filed for Defiant Trespass. It would be a summary offense, unless you had been told before not to enter the property , or just flat out refused to comply (then it escalates to an M3). I don't think any one of us would want that and unless one is a total idiot, one would immediately comply.
    ^^^^^Ditto.
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

Ok we have established that as a private entity they CAN ban guns, but i think we should try and stay on track as to what we are going to try and do about it...not trying to be a poop but i was hoping to focus this thread on the letters/calls/protests plus i want to keep this bumped towards the top so as many people as possible read and hopefully take action...

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Did I miss something????

As of this AM, I went to the web site and found NO info on guns.....

Did they change something or was there never a gun ban on the site?
    With great power comes great responsibility....

For by: there was never any update to their web page with the policy change. They seem to have neglected it as it never said bag searches or otherwise.

My feeling is we should keep the pressure up till we hear what those heard in responses in email and phone is added to the website, Facebook and the media (paper and wnep)

(Luzerne County)

They are definitely trying to keep this under the radar and, apparently, the media is assisting them in this. As far as I know, only WNEP reported on the policy change (single day coverage) and in my local paper it was covered by a small article on page 11 of the first section. That's it.

I haven't heard a peep about it since then from any of the regular media outlets.
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
    They are definitely trying to keep this under the radar and, apparently, the media is assisting them in this. As far as I know, only WNEP reported on the policy change (single day coverage) and in my local paper it was covered by a small article on page 11 of the first section. That's it.

I haven't heard a peep about it since then from any of the regular media outlets.
    Not at all surprising. At this point they are trying to do damage control in the face of backlash. I agree we should keep the pressure on until we see these private statements made public.
    Last edited by csmith; September 1st, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post
    "Barratt said he couldn't recall any instances of gunfire at the fair, although there have been a few stabbings."

Did they ban knives at the time of the stabbings?
    Nope, knives are still allowed. Just not in the grandstands (and they do search people on suspicion).

I won't be going anymore now.

I'm not even upset that I can't carry there. To be honest I didn't last year.

I just won't take my family there after they announce on the news that the place is a gun free zone and that there will be 80,000 unarmed people there.

Criminals fear the unknown, and taking that fear away is a bad idea. When will people realize that?

I'm also still upset about being stuck in the parking lot last year for three hours while the ride owners blocked the exit with their trucks so they could load up the rides. We tried to leave at closing time at 10pm and weren't able to leave the lot till 1AM! I also almost got my car stuck because the whole lot was a mud hole.

What a mismanaged mess of a fair.

(Montgomery County)

I'm not sure if this has been noted yet as I'm not reading through the whole thread, but this has been posted on their Facebook page:

Keith Starling
    All fellow legal gun carriers, I have just gotten off the phone with Mr. Barrett. Here is the latest and you will enjoy this. If you have a PTCF, you will be able to carry into the fairgrounds, this was a misunderstanding. He said he will be searching "backpacks". No patdowns will be done and he will not be asking to see permits due to the lines trying to enter the grounds. He stated to me that DHS sent 7 agents to discuss this with him and he needed to do something. He agrees this is a violation of gun owners rights. If you doubt anything that has been said here, call him yourself. The number was posted on page 1 of this forum. Be nice to him and don't accuse him of violations...this is where some people have screwed up. If you don't talk to him like civilized people then you are not going to do anything but hurt our rights to carry in the future. Taken from a forum
    16 hours ago

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DSSA View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been noted yet as I'm not reading through the whole thread, but this has been posted on their Facebook page:

Keith Starling
    All fellow legal gun carriers, I have just gotten off the phone with Mr. Barrett. Here is the latest and you will enjoy this. If you have a PTCF, you will be able to carry into the fairgrounds, this was a misunderstanding. He said he will be searching "backpacks". No patdowns will be done and he will not be asking to see permits due to the lines trying to enter the grounds. He stated to me that DHS sent 7 agents to discuss this with him and he needed to do something. He agrees this is a violation of gun owners rights. If you doubt anything that has been said here, call him yourself. The number was posted on page 1 of this forum. Be nice to him and don't accuse him of violations...this is where some people have screwed up. If you don't talk to him like civilized people then you are not going to do anything but hurt our rights to carry in the future. Taken from a forum
    16 hours ago
    But the problem is WNEP and at least three newspapers did stories with quotes saying guns are banned!

(Lycoming County)

Exactly....the security director Barratt stated that "guns are banned". Until he clarifies his stance....guns are banned.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast