Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: NO GUNS at the Bloomsburg Fair

Hi! My first post on PAFOA. I am one of the PA gals involved with 1MMAGC (One Million Moms Against Gun Control). I am glad to have found this forum!

It is completely up to the fair board to decide whether or not they want to allow you to carry...just like any other business I guess. I am totally against it and as a Mom that cc's almost everywhere I go. I don't have to explain why I am against their "gun ban" because I know you all understand.

My family has been very involved in this fair for years. My family members have made a lot of money on food stands over the past 50 years there. I am not directly involved in profiting from the fair anymore, so not going does not affect me financially. However, my cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles all profit from the event.

Boycotting the event is a big deal for me since we are there at least four times that week. We attend at least one concert a year and spent hundreds there in food and goods. My children will be completely disappointed if we do not attend. I will have to make it a life lesson that they need to learn. We must stand up for our liberties! As a Constitutional Conservative, I feel very strongly about standing up for our freedoms.

I have started a fb group with my brothers on boycotting the Bloomsburg Fair. Please be sure to "like" the boycott page and/or group if you are a fb member. We need to stand up and let them know that gun free zones are nothing but victim zones and they are losing business because of their decision.

If the "director of parking and security" recants his statement and decides to announce that cc is allowed, THEN and only then will my family be attending.

Hoping to be active on this forum!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post
    This is the email I just got back and it made my head spin with anger!

"The decision was made because of Homeland Security and the Pennsylvania
    State Police telling us no guns, however if you have a permit you will be
    allowed to carry your gun conceiled. Rod"

This was from Rod Ralston, I believe he is the secretary

Can somebody tell me when we started letting homeland security or PSP tell us when we can exercise our rights and when we can't?
    Open carry is legal in Pennsylvania, concealed carry is with a LTCF. Granted a private property owner can exercise their right to restrict carry on their property, just like I can exercise my right to spend my money elsewhere.

DHS and the PSP have no right to tell people what they can and cannot do on their own private property, the Bloomsburg Fair is not government owned property. Thus our only route battle it to cut off their revenue.

I also came across an article where the Bloomsburg fair came hat in hand to the town, school district and county begging for a property tax cut.

Lets all show up and contest that tax cut at the next few meetings, since the tax revenue that will be lost from a tax cut to the Fair will need to come out of the pockets of every other tax payer in those jurisdictions.

This is the battle plan, mobilize the locals who will be individually paying for that tax cut.

A one, two punch. Don't attend the fair this year, and make sure they don't get a break on their taxes.

(Snyder County)

Signs I made up and posted on the front door of the shop...
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1MMAGC-PA View Post
    Hi! My first post on PAFOA. I am one of the PA gals involved with 1MMAGC (One Million Moms Against Gun Control). I am glad to have found this forum!

It is completely up to the fair board to decide whether or not they want to allow you to carry...just like any other business I guess. I am totally against it and as a Mom that cc's almost everywhere I go. I don't have to explain why I am against their "gun ban" because I know you all understand.

My family has been very involved in this fair for years. My family members have made a lot of money on food stands over the past 50 years there. I am not directly involved in profiting from the fair anymore, so not going does not affect me financially. However, my cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles all profit from the event.

Boycotting the event is a big deal for me since we are there at least four times that week. We attend at least one concert a year and spent hundreds there in food and goods. My children will be completely disappointed if we do not attend. I will have to make it a life lesson that they need to learn. We must stand up for our liberties! As a Constitutional Conservative, I feel very strongly about standing up for our freedoms.

I have started a fb group with my brothers on boycotting the Bloomsburg Fair. Please be sure to "like" the boycott page and/or group if you are a fb member. We need to stand up and let them know that gun free zones are nothing but victim zones and they are losing business because of their decision.

If the "director of parking and security" recants his statement and decides to announce that cc is allowed, THEN and only then will my family be attending.

We all appreciate your support and welcome to the community...

rep in inbound

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1MMAGC-PA View Post

Bravo!

Talking is easy; acting upon your beliefs sometimes involves sacrifice. I commend you for your commitment.
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

(Chester County)

Letter sent.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Did anyone see WNEP at 5 today they said it was because DHS came up with new regs after the Boston bombing.. come to think of it when I went to Dorney my wife got her bag searched.... I don't usually have my tinfoil on but it seems fairly obvious that this is an ongoing thing that is only going to get worse...

http://wnep.com/2013/08/29/no-guns-at-the-fair/
    I love this story...

1) No guns allowed even though there has never been a firearm incident at the Bloomsburg Fair. Are they going to be looking for pressure cookers? I might have to go to the fair with an empty pressure cooker in a baby stroller just to see if they confiscate it.

and

2) Their security is being trained on to how to spot portable meth labs in people's bags to prevent methamphetamine sales/purchases. Are dealers going hibachi-style? Can you now order meth and have it cooked right in front of you?

Oh dear God, seems like the Keystone Cops are going to be running this security detail.

(Luzerne County)

I believe boycotting something is ineffective unless they know it is happening. I myself have gone to the fair maybe three times in my life. They will hardly miss me.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I believe boycotting something is ineffective unless they know it is happening. I myself have gone to the fair maybe three times in my life. They will hardly miss me.
    I've never gone to the fair...but Im sure as heck not going this year!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    I've never gone to the fair...but Im sure as heck not going this year!
    I just might take a day off not to go.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast