Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Berks County)

Default Hersheypark

Anyone know if Hershey specifically prohibits carry on the premises? Has anyone here carried into Hersheypark? Any troubles?

We've taken my kids a few times in the last year, and they had a lot of fun. I see Hersheypark becoming a regular day-trip location in the future as they grow up. So far, I haven't carried when I travel there for lack of information on their policies.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

Default Re: Hershey park

Don't know which area of Hershey you're referring to; Amusement Park, etc. I know as a fact many Amusement Parks prohibit carrying even to off duty LEO.

Like you I've been to Hershey, all areas a number of times but because of employment rules (I was on the job) wasn't carrying.

I picked up this telephone # 1-800-HERSHEY on their Web-Site and would think a quick call should clarify. Good Luck, and yes Hershey is much Fun for any ages

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

We were there twice last year.

No carry inside the park. The first time I was there I left my Glock in the car. I then noticed that they checked bags at the gate, but that was it. The second time I walked right through the gate with a Kel-Tec P32 in my front pocket.

(Lebanon County)

thier official rules say no carry, however, there are no metal detectors. They will search any bags you carry, womens purses, camera bags, diaper bags, etc, but they do not body check. worst that can happen if they discover it they ask you to leave, if you do not, then you can be busted for trespass. I would strongly recommend if you plan to ride the rides, you have a holder that provides strong retention. Yes I have gone, and like everywhere I can legally carry, I carried there.

as an FYI, I stopped going this year, as I usually would go for Candy Lane, and Holloween at Hershy, but this year, they wanted to charge for admission. Since my wife and I don't ride, this would be a waste of money for us (we usually bought the kids the all you can ride bracelettes). I also wrote aletter (not email) expressing my dissatisfaction and let them know the situation, since we usually brought one or two other families, adn puchased food there, they lost a garantee of minimum of $60+ in hopes of getting $120+, plus lost community goodwill, what ever that's worth to them.

(Delaware County)

What about at Christmas time? Do they charge for entry?

If they don't post a sign against carrying, I'd carry.

(Chester County)

I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations.
    some people feel the need to carry everywhere all the time. i am one of those people (i don't carry where it is illegal, but i don't like it).

the reason is because you never know when or where you might need your gun. if you did know ahead of time, then you could only carry when you knew you were going to need it. but, no one has such knowledge of the future.

regarding amusement parks in general...as well as other places that are supposedly "secure" because they don't allow weapons...one poster above clearly showed how easy it is to carry a weapon into the park even though the park has a regulation against them. if he can do it, so can some thug. so, there is some chance that there are armed bad guys in the park.

violent crime can happen anywhere at anytime.

I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.
    assuming the gun is in proper working order with any safeties it might have engaged and is carried in a good holster, there is essentially no chance of it going off. (the only reason i say "essentially no chance" instead of "no chance" is just that nothing is impossible...you know, never say never.)

welcome to the world of gun ownership. feel free to post any questions you have here on PAFOA.ORG. there are plenty of knowledgeable people around here who will be more than happy to help...and, remember, there are no stupid questions. we all started out life knowing absolutely nothing about firearms.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.
    Like LRT says in the previous post, I have the right to carry, and if it's not illegal, I wish to do so. I already know it's not ILLEGAL to carry at an amusement park, as I have my LTC. However, I am trying to find out if anyone has had experience with carrying there, or if anyone has information on their stance with weapons on the premises.

Welcome to the forum, and the world of firearms ownership and rights. One thing you'll see a lot on here is the following phrase, which sums up why I ask about places like this:

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

whats the SuperDooperLooper?

Over at ar15.com they posted about someone wanting to carry at Disney World. Their search methods are the same at Hershey. You could probably put it in a purse and they wouldn't notice. They don't use metal dectectors, that'd be a PIA anyways.

I wouldn't hesitate, just watch the rides. I'm sure they have a policy against it somewhere in their rules/regs.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the replies, and the welcomes.

The SuperDooperLooper is a crappy old looping coaster Hershey Park has. It was built in the late 70s.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast